Windows 10: Desktop has disappered from left navigation panel in file explorer

Discus and support Desktop has disappered from left navigation panel in file explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have observed that the desktop has vanished from the left navigation panel of the file explorer. I came to know when i was selecting folder for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vinayak Singh1, Oct 7, 2024 at 12:37 AM.

1. Desktop has disappered from left navigation panel in file explorer

I have observed that the desktop has vanished from the left navigation panel of the file explorer. I came to know when i was selecting folder for downloading and i could not find desktop to save the file. I have not tried any solutions to this problem. Is it really a problem or an update?System infoDesktop has disappered from left navigation panel in file explorer :processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 2.90 GHzRAM 8.00 GB Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language

:)

Vinayak Singh1, Oct 7, 2024 at 12:37 AM
  2. fishcad Win User

Navigation pane in File Explorer always opens to the bottom

I have a link to the F: drive on the task bar which does get me to my files quickly. However, the left panel is always at the bottom even after trying both solutions here. I previously had a couple more folders on the desktop that were at the bottom of the left panel so “Camera Roll” was the top item showing in the left panel. This was also true when I clicked on “This PC.” It’s a tiny issue to scroll to the top and “Quick Access” but I would just like to know why the left panel always opens at the bottom of the list.
    Desktop has disappered from left navigation panel in file explorer 288734d1595186613t-navigation-pane-file-explorer-always-opens-bottom-win-explorer-opens-bottom.jpg

3. How to remove "Quick Access" from the File Explorer left side navigation pane in Windows 10 (64bit)

A user in the house would like to completely remove "Quick Access" from the left side navigation panel in File Explorer.

They are running the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro.

I have done the steps of "View", "Options", "Open File Explorer to This PC" and clearing the check marks under privacy and clearing the file history.

Quick Access still appears on the left side navigation panel.

Is there an administrator or other setting that I can use to have "Quick Access" not appear at all in the left side navigation pane?

Thanks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

4. Max Best Win User

Desktop has disappered from left navigation panel in file explorer

Pin RDP to File Explorer's navigation pane on its left.

Is it possible to pin a running (if that's the right term) Windows RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) to File Explorer's navigation pane on its left.

Thema:

Desktop has disappered from left navigation panel in file explorer

1. Desktop has disappered from left navigation panel in file explorer - Similar Threads - Desktop has disappered

2. Desktop has disappered from left navigation panel in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop has disappered from left navigation panel in file explorer: I have observed that the desktop has vanished from the left navigation panel of the file explorer. I came to know when i was selecting folder for downloading and i could not find desktop to save the file. I have not tried any solutions to this problem. Is it really a problem...
  3. Explorer Left Panel not Stable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Left Panel not Stable: When I am navigating folders in Windows Explorer, the left panel keeps jumping to the first folder after all the folders under Documents. Note that the folder 'Sizer' is nowhere to be seen in the left panel....
  4. Explorer Left Panel not Stable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Left Panel not Stable: When I am navigating folders in Windows Explorer, the left panel keeps jumping to the first folder after all the folders under Documents. Note that the folder 'Sizer' is nowhere to be seen in the left panel....
  5. File Explorer --- want to see subfolders in left panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer --- want to see subfolders in left panel: For the last few decades, File Explorer has displayed my folders like this: This PC> Documents> subfolder> subfolder> subfolder> Downloads> subfolder> subfolder> Pictures> subfolder> subfolder > Etc. However, in the last week or two, something changed. Now it looks like this:...
  6. File Explorer --- want to see subfolders in left panel

File Explorer --- want to see subfolders in left panel: For the last few decades, File Explorer has displayed my folders like this: This PC> Documents> subfolder> subfolder> subfolder> Downloads> subfolder> subfolder> Pictures> subfolder> subfolder > Etc. However, in the last week or two, something changed. Now it looks like this:...
  7. OneDrive icon has vanished from File Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive icon has vanished from File Explorer navigation pane: Hi My new PC has an SSD containing Windows, programs etc and a 1 TB solid state drive, which was empty when new. I followed the official instructions from MS to move my OneDrive folder from the SSD and onto the solid state drive where there is much more space. Everything...
  8. Showing the "Linux" folder on the file explorer navigation panel for WSL2

Showing the "Linux" folder on the file explorer navigation panel for WSL2: One of the features that was released on the 2019 and May 2020 updates was having easy access to WSL system folders from the file explorer. After having a fresh install, the "Linux" folder on the navigation panel is no longer available for me even though it was listed on...
  9. Pin RDP to File Explorer's navigation pane on its left.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin RDP to File Explorer's navigation pane on its left.: Is it possible to pin a running (if that's the right term) Windows RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) to File Explorer's navigation pane on its left....
  10. File names in Left Panel of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    File names in Left Panel of File Explorer: A brief apology: I'm probably too old to mess with this stuff (pulling 80,) but I like to try. Please be patient with me, and ask for details if I am not stating my problem clearly. I have searched, but could not find this problem already discussed in this forum. I just...