Windows 10: Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching

Discus and support Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Team, Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patchingPlease let us know if there is workaround or fix for this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SRAVANI POLAVARAPU, Jul 29, 2024.

1. Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching

Hi Team, Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patchingPlease let us know if there is workaround or fix for this issue

:)

SRAVANI POLAVARAPU, Jul 29, 2024

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 29, 2024
  3. July patches

Kindly note that I am trying to install July, June and May approved windows patches for windows server 2012 R2 from the list as shown below:

Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching f4ed1aba-4ad0-4987-8e42-79fb8897d396?upload=true.jpg

Kindly note that during the installation the highlighted patches in yellow (July patches) are successfully installed while the unhighlighted one (June and May) are giving me error of compatibility with OS. All of the highlighted patches require KB2919355 to be installed as a perquisite which already installed.

Please advise if this is normal and July patches supersedes the June and May patches or further action has to be taken.

note: .Net 3.5 is installed and enabled

Altawabini, Jul 29, 2024
  4. Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jul 29, 2024
Thema:

Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching

1. Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching - Similar Threads - Desktop application shortcuts

2. Are there any errors/bugs in the deployment of security patches for the July 2024 patch...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there any errors/bugs in the deployment of security patches for the July 2024 patch...: Hello,Are there any errors/bugs in the deployment of security patches for the July 2024 patch Tuesday?Best regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-any-errorsbugs-in-the-deployment-of/cf069624-9707-4c39-8fdd-f7879466849e
  3. Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching: Hi Team, Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patchingPlease let us know if there is workaround or fix for this issue...
  4. Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patching: Hi Team, Desktop application shortcuts are appearing as white after July 2024 patchingPlease let us know if there is workaround or fix for this issue...
  5. White dots appear in some applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White dots appear in some applications.: I am facing an issue with white dots. They randomly appear on my screen in some applications and goes away when I bring cursor near them. The applications are steam, epic games, outlook, MS Word, Visual Studio Code, Riot Client and many more. I thought that it's a problem...
  6. White dots appear in some applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White dots appear in some applications.: I am facing an issue with white dots. They randomly appear on my screen in some applications and goes away when I bring cursor near them. The applications are steam, epic games, outlook, MS Word, Visual Studio Code, Riot Client and many more. I thought that it's a problem...
  7. July patches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    July patches: Kindly note that I am trying to install July, June and May approved windows patches for windows server 2012 R2 from the list as shown below: Kindly note that during the installation the highlighted patches in yellow July patches are successfully installed while the...
  8. July patches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    July patches: Kindly note that I am trying to install July, June and May approved windows patches for windows server 2012 R2 from the list as shown below: Kindly note that during the installation the highlighted patches in yellow July patches are successfully installed while the...
  9. White dots appear on some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White dots appear on some applications: I don't know why I got these white dots expanding randomly on some apps, such as on browsers, epic games, steam and games. Idk why this happens, I just bought this laptop 10 days ago. It happened all of a sudden, and the only solution I found was to disable the GPU. Why does...
  10. White dots start appearing on applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White dots start appearing on applications: Recently my pc has been into an issue of where at random times white dots will start appearing on any application. Can someone please help me fix this?[IMG]...