Windows 10: deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler

Discus and support deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so I deleted a game from drive c and copied and pasted it into drive E so now it's currently in drive E but I can't access it and it's not showing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikafr, Jul 21, 2024.

1. mikafr Win User

deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler

so I deleted a game from drive c and copied and pasted it into drive E so now it's currently in drive E but I can't access it and it's not showing in my xbox gamepass libraryhow can I fix this? without reinstalling

:)

mikafr, Jul 21, 2024

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 22, 2024
  3. Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Jul 22, 2024
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 22, 2024
Thema:

1. deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler - Similar Threads - deleting game folder

2. deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler: so I deleted a game from drive c and copied and pasted it into drive E so now it's currently in drive E but I can't access it and it's not showing in my xbox gamepass libraryhow can I fix this? without reinstalling...
  3. Moving Folders to Another Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  4. Moving Documents folder from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving Documents folder from one drive to another: Hi,My Documents folder in located on D Drive right now but I would like to move it back onto C drive hard drive. What's the safest way to do it without losing files?...
  5. Can't delete duplicate system folers

Can't delete duplicate system folers: I was trying to delete these folders which are cramping my navigation pane but can't because these are classified as "System Folders". I'm wondering if there is any workaround on this. [ATTACH]...
  6. Moving Images from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Images from one folder to another folder: Hi This is a process I have done for years with no difficulties, but now issues are arising. I have 2 folders which are called folder A and Folder B. In both folders there are a number of images, some which will have the same file name, ie img_2408.jpg. I open 2 windows and...
  7. Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive: So I have a laptop and a PC and an external hard drive, I want to use my external drive on both, I already used it on my PC and many of my PC programs are on there and I would like to move all of the PC folders and files into one big "My PC stuff" folder and I'll have all of...
  8. Moving pictures from one folder to another

Moving pictures from one folder to another: How do you open 2 folders side by side so you can drag and drop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-pictures-from-one-folder-to-another/2ea83dc2-e384-4573-90fa-cc81f140d97a"
  9. Problems with moving files from one folder to another

Problems with moving files from one folder to another: Hi! I can't seem to transfer files from one folder to another. It always shows acces denied. It has been doing it for a while and I can't seem to make it right. Also, if you knew how I can change the language on my computer? (from french to english) Nothing seems to be...
  10. How to move files from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move files from one folder to another folder: Everytime I get a download I unzip the folder and would like to move it to the desktop, but I always get the message cant move file cause its being used by another program, I don't have any other programs open, plus the drop and drag feature does not always work either. Some...