Windows 10: deleted a 44.5GB game and only got 5GB storage back

Discus and support deleted a 44.5GB game and only got 5GB storage back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently completed it takes two and as it was taking up a lot of storage space 44.8GB i decided to delete to free up space on my computer. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by laura walsh, Sep 6, 2024.

1. deleted a 44.5GB game and only got 5GB storage back

I recently completed it takes two and as it was taking up a lot of storage space 44.8GB i decided to delete to free up space on my computer. Before deleting i had 9GB free storage and after deleting it only increased to 14gb free. I'm very confused, i cant even redownload the game now? even though i had the space to download it previously. I have not downloaded anything since originally downloading it takes two, nor had an update for windowsMy 'installed apps' information is also very confusing as the largest app is supposedly Roblox at 3.23GB and then a handful of other games ranging fro

:)

laura walsh, Sep 6, 2024
  2. pkfsnp Win User

1TB Cloud storage upgrade but still shows 5gb

I just upgraded to 1TB cloud storage but still show only 5gb. Do I have multiple accounts? If so, how do i combine or delete the old accounts?

pkfsnp, Sep 6, 2024
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Do I only get 5gb of storage?

Hi person_360

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

With a Microsoft Account you get a free 5GB of Storage on OneDrive.

Using OneDrive is optional, if you do not want to use OneDrive, you can uninstall OneDrive in the Settings App, go to Apps - Installed Apps

If you have more than 5GB of data to store in the Desktop, Pictures and Documents folder, it is best to not use OneDrive if you go over the 5GB, or if you do want to use OneDrive an have more than 5GBof data, then you would need to get a subscription to OneDrive (100GB) or if you use Office 365, you would have 1TB of OneDrive space.

DaveM121, Sep 6, 2024
  4. Arijit4M Win User

deleted a 44.5GB game and only got 5GB storage back

The Cloud storage is capped at 5GB . Is there is plan to increase the cloud storage in future.

Microsoft has a basic 5GB cloud storage feature for every customer. Yet in modern times when there are so much data generated from computing activity that size is small to store more data. Has Microsoft introduced plans to increase this 5GB cloud storage for free. I think it should provide free cloud storage upto 15 GB like Google provides for its customers. What do you say?

Arijit4M, Sep 6, 2024
Thema:

deleted a 44.5GB game and only got 5GB storage back

1. deleted a 44.5GB game and only got 5GB storage back - Similar Threads - deleted 5GB game

2. deleted a 44.5GB game and only got 5GB storage back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted a 44.5GB game and only got 5GB storage back: I recently completed it takes two and as it was taking up a lot of storage space 44.8GB i decided to delete to free up space on my computer. Before deleting i had 9GB free storage and after deleting it only increased to 14gb free. I'm very confused, i cant even redownload the...
  3. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  4. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  5. 500gb hard drive only had 5gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    500gb hard drive only had 5gb: recently I've had to factory reset my PC, prior to this my 2 500gb hard drives have worked fine, however since I reset my PC, one of my hard drives only has 5gb available, even when there's nothing in it. How can I fix this?...
  6. 500gb hard drive only had 5gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    500gb hard drive only had 5gb: recently I've had to factory reset my PC, prior to this my 2 500gb hard drives have worked fine, however since I reset my PC, one of my hard drives only has 5gb available, even when there's nothing in it. How can I fix this?...
  7. Do I only get 5gb of storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I only get 5gb of storage?: For windows 11, is the OneDrive thing optional or do my Desktop, Documents and Pictures have to fit in 5gb of storage unless I upgrade my OneDrive subscription?...
  8. Do I only get 5gb of storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I only get 5gb of storage?: For windows 11, is the OneDrive thing optional or do my Desktop, Documents and Pictures have to fit in 5gb of storage unless I upgrade my OneDrive subscription?...
  9. How To Reset A PC Without 5GB Of Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Reset A PC Without 5GB Of Storage: my computer is really bad. It needs a reset..I click restart PC while holding down the shift key..I went into recovery mode and hit reset..it sayed it needed more space. I dont have 5GB. I unistalled EVERYTHING I COULD UNISTALL on my PC from applications to diffrent windows...
  10. Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?: Hello. I have a Lenovo G50-45 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit with a 64-bit AMD A8-6410 APU processor laptop.<br>I somewhy only have 5GB of ram usable when I have 6gb DDR3. I have unchecked maximum memory in msconfig, and have set the number of processors to 4, but still...