Windows 10: Delete EFI partition on external drive.

Discus and support Delete EFI partition on external drive. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having problems regarding SSD cloning. Macrium have been very helpful. It appears that I'm booting from the 2 installed internal hard drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by majestic100, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Delete EFI partition on external drive.

I've been having problems regarding SSD cloning. Macrium have been very helpful. It appears that I'm booting from the 2 installed internal hard drives !?!. It was working OK for ages but obviously something subsequently has happened. It was recommended I clone to an external drive. Fortunately I had a another SDD that I could use. I reformatted this and connected externally . Checked with file folder that it could be read and was empty. All good.Used Macrium to clone but was concerned that if supposedly booting form 2 internal drives, what am I copying, and would it work?It didn't! B

:)

majestic100, Jun 18, 2024
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Delete EFI partition on external drive. :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jun 18, 2024
  3. Several EFI partition but only one working

My earlier post didn't have instructions on how to delete the two EFI partitions on Disk 0. So, disregard that reply. Let's go step by step.

First, get me the list of partition numbers on Disk 0.

Run:

• diskpart
    • list disk
    • sel dis 0
    • list part

Please post screenshot.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 18, 2024
  4. Delete EFI partition on external drive.

My EFI System and Recovery Partitions are on the wrong disk (Windows 10)

Please boot into WinRE and do the following:

1. Delete the EFI partition on disk 0
    2. Re-run the bcdboot command suggested earlier. Be sure to use the correct drive letter. You can determine the OS partition's drive-letter by running diskpart & list volume commands.

Edit:

"Volume Z" gave you two more options. If you don't mind having the EFI on disk 0, then all you need to do is delete the unwanted boot entries using msconfig.

OTOH, if you want to have the EFI partition on Disk 2, then delete the EFI partition on Disk 0 and run the bcdboot command.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 18, 2024
Thema:

Delete EFI partition on external drive.

1. Delete EFI partition on external drive. - Similar Threads - Delete EFI partition

2. Delete EFI partition on external drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete EFI partition on external drive.: I've been having problems regarding SSD cloning. Macrium have been very helpful. It appears that I'm booting from the 2 installed internal hard drives !?!. It was working OK for ages but obviously something subsequently has happened. It was recommended I clone to an external...
  3. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI and Recovery partition got deleted: When attempting to dual boot with Linux, my EFI boot partition and the Microsoft Reserved partition got wiped.I am currently booted into a liveuser on EndeavourOS to view my partitions in GParted. - Top unallocated is where the EFI partiton should go- /dev/sda2 are my Windows...
  4. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EFI and Recovery partition got deleted: When attempting to dual boot with Linux, my EFI boot partition and the Microsoft Reserved partition got wiped.I am currently booted into a liveuser on EndeavourOS to view my partitions in GParted. - Top unallocated is where the EFI partiton should go- /dev/sda2 are my Windows...
  5. Should I delete this EFI Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I delete this EFI Partition?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_sahil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkgptx/should_i_delete_this_efi_partition/
  6. EFI partition on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition on wrong drive: I have an SSD and an HDD. Windows is on the SSD but as you can see EFI and recovery partitions (there are two for some reason) are on the other drive. I'm not sure if it's always been like that but after dual booting with ubuntu probably had something to do with it. I've...
  7. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  8. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  9. hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted: the hard drive in my pc failed yesterday i managed to get almost everything back but the efi partition is lost so i can't boot into windows 10 is there anyway i can recreate it?? i use a gpt motherboard 121529
  10. EFI Partitions on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI Partitions on wrong drive: Hi, After removing an SSD (W*Smile from my rig I discovered that my system would no longer boot and gave the error: NTDLL not found. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. I put the drive back and was able to boot. Attached is my disk management. I recently installed plugged...