Windows 10: Default Folders

Discus and support Default Folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I recently upgraded my PC and re-installed Windows, choosing the delete everyting option while I had multiple HDDs connected, as a result, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PhilipSmith_Melb_Aus, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Default Folders

Hello,I recently upgraded my PC and re-installed Windows, choosing the delete everyting option while I had multiple HDDs connected, as a result, my default folders - Downloads, Pictures, Documents, Desktop & Video - all shortcut to the Documents folder. Try as I might, I can't change them - even if I go in to the registry to do so...Any assistance would be great and veryu appreciated....

:)

PhilipSmith_Melb_Aus, Dec 6, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Dec 6, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Default Folders

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Folders :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Default Folders

1. Default Folders - Similar Threads - Default Folders

2. How do I fix error code 0x800700002 on windows 10 when changing default images folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix error code 0x800700002 on windows 10 when changing default images folder?: When I try to change the default location for storing images it gives me this error. Error codes is 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-error-code-0x800700002-on-windows-10/e42760db-9f39-4be0-a94f-4bc40ffa2bca
  3. How do I fix error code 0x800700002 on windows 10 when changing default images folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix error code 0x800700002 on windows 10 when changing default images folder?: When I try to change the default location for storing images it gives me this error. Error codes is 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-error-code-0x800700002-on-windows-10/e42760db-9f39-4be0-a94f-4bc40ffa2bca
  4. How do I fix error code 0x800700002 on windows 10 when changing default images folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How To Set Default Folder View For All New Folders, Regardless Of File Type?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Set Default Folder View For All New Folders, Regardless Of File Type?: Hello everyone,I will try to make this as easy as possible to understand with images and examples.Essentially, I would like all folder views to always default to my "General Items" folder view.For example, if I create a new folder and add images only to the folder, the view...
  6. How To Set Default Folder View For All New Folders, Regardless Of File Type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Set Default Folder View For All New Folders, Regardless Of File Type?: Hello everyone,I will try to make this as easy as possible to understand with images and examples.Essentially, I would like all folder views to always default to my "General Items" folder view.For example, if I create a new folder and add images only to the folder, the view...
  7. How To Set Default Folder View For All New Folders, Regardless Of File Type?

8. Can't move default photo folder location because of invisible "Screenshots" folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move default photo folder location because of invisible "Screenshots" folder.: I am trying to move all of my default file locations away from OneDrive, but when I try to do so I get an error.Clicking "No" on the redirect prompt doesn't let you proceed. Clicking "Yes" gives that error.I have the file explorer set to show hidden files.Earlier I was trying...
  9. Can't move default photo folder location because of invisible "Screenshots" folder.

Can't move default photo folder location because of invisible "Screenshots" folder.: I am trying to move all of my default file locations away from OneDrive, but when I try to do so I get an error.Clicking "No" on the redirect prompt doesn't let you proceed. Clicking "Yes" gives that error.I have the file explorer set to show hidden files.Earlier I was trying...
  10. Link To Windows: Possible To Change Default 'Send To' Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link To Windows: Possible To Change Default 'Send To' Folder?: Hi there "Link To Windows" version 1.24062.161.0 latest on Android 14, Samsung S23 Ultra SM-S918U When sharing files from Windows to my phone, by default they get sent to Internal Storage/Download/Send from my PC...can this be changed to a different location? If so, I'm not...