Windows 10: Dead PSU - temporary replacement with spare PSU.

Discus and support Dead PSU - temporary replacement with spare PSU. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone. So, this morning my trusty 11-year-old PSU 850w died. Not too upset as it has had a really good run. I have a spare PSU 750w that I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by farrellart, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Dead PSU - temporary replacement with spare PSU.

Hi Everyone.

So, this morning my trusty 11-year-old PSU 850w died. Not too upset as it has had a really good run.

I have a spare PSU 750w that I have taken out of the studio computer set-up that I know is good.

I don't want to go through the process of re-routing all my sata power cables just yet as I have 8 drives, a new PSU has been ordered and there is no point in cabling twice, I know this might be a stupid question, but, if I just power up my C:OS drive and B*Tongueroject drive, will windows remember the drive letters set to the other drives when all the power is resumed?

Just wondering, I remember when an ssd drive failed many years ago, windows decided to rejig the drive letters therefore ruining all my shortcuts and photoshop file links.

Best wises

:)

farrellart, Oct 12, 2020
  2. RoshanV S Win User

psu watts

Hi Jason,

Minimum PSU recommended by NVIDIA is 300W. So I suggests you to upgrade your PSU to use this graphics card.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/g...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate,

safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps.

RoshanV S, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Pedro M Win User
    PSU

Hi, I hope you're doing good today.

By default you can't, is not supported by Dell.

But I also know that you can make some tweaks to make it work, one of them is changing the PSU, I wouldn't recommend it at least you have some experience with electronics and building PCs.

Regards.

Pedro M, Oct 12, 2020
  4. RoshanV S Win User

Dead PSU - temporary replacement with spare PSU.

psu watts

Hi,

I'm Roshan V S, Independent advisor and a Windows user like you.

You can see the wattage on the rear/bottom side of your PSU. There must be a label which shows the wattage and other specifications of your PSU.

Check this article for further reference:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-check...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate,

safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps you. If you don't have any more questions, feel free to choose a rating and have a great day!

RoshanV S, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Dead PSU - temporary replacement with spare PSU.

1. Dead PSU - temporary replacement with spare PSU. - Similar Threads - Dead PSU temporary

2. psu failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    psu failing: So I bought a thermaltake dr power 3 and testet my psu super flower leadex 2000 w and got a failed on the PG.My question is can a failing psu with PG failure what ever that do meen result in a pc rebooting randomly like when ever it wants to?I all started with me purchasing a...
  3. psu wattage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    psu wattage: so i need help in determining if 500 watts is enough so i got an atx mobouefi an fx 8320 gtx 1050non ti 2 hdd`son avarage 1 since i got a bay just count as 2 a ssd and 2 optical drivesdvd rw i belive same type made in april 2022 and 16 gigs of ram4x4 is 500 watts enough for...
  4. Psu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Psu: Greetings, Not sure if it’s windows related. As a routine, after I shut down computer on windows, I power off my surge protector, which shuts off my psu. Strange thing, when I flip the switch to my surge protector on, my computer turns on without me pushing the case on...
  5. Psu

Psu: Greetings, Not sure if it’s windows related. As a routine, after I shut down computer on windows, I power off my surge protector, which shuts off my psu. Strange thing, when I flip the switch to my surge protector on, my computer turns on without me pushing the case on...
  6. Black screen after replacing psu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen after replacing psu: Hey everybody. My computer started crashing over and over again. Narrowed it down to my psu. I replaced the psu and now everything powers up and stays running but the screen is black. I remember facing an error like this one I was building a computer awhile back and I...
  7. PSU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PSU: I want to order a custom pc, but I cannot find out how to order a specific PSU.Everything I try is low wattage. I want 500 watts but cannot incorporate that in any build.Every company I work with, has low watt PSU's.It is one of the first components to go in a pc, hence...
  8. PSU

PSU: I want to order a custom pc, but I cannot find out how to order a specific PSU.Everything I try is low wattage. I want 500 watts but cannot incorporate that in any build.Every company I work with, has low watt PSU's.It is one of the first components to go in a pc, hence...
  9. psu watts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    psu watts: how can I see my wattage in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/psu-watts/b94fc391-4753-43af-949e-711a2263fe48
  10. PSU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PSU: I am wondering if my desktop will be able to run a new GPU because I am looking for a new one so does anyone know if a GTX 1050 can run on an inspiron 3668 because I saw a-lot of controversy some guy said he was and someone else said it wasn't possible so I don't know who to...