Windows 10: Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.

Discus and support Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a desktop pc I have used for 4 years or so now with a combination of a sata 2.5 SSD and a 3.5 sata HDD. My boot drive is SATA SSD using windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Acid TM, Jul 28, 2024.

1. Acid TM Win User

Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.

I have a desktop pc I have used for 4 years or so now with a combination of a sata 2.5 SSD and a 3.5 sata HDD. My boot drive is SATA SSD using windows 10 pro 22h2 and my HDD is my secondary storage device. Recently I decided to do a fresh install on a newer SATA SSD since my current one is running out of storage. So I copied my my documents, my pictures, my downloads, my videos and my music from my OLD SSD and pasted it to my HDD. Then I retired my old SATA SSD and plugged in my new SATA SSD doing a full fresh windows 10 22h2 pro installation and booted up the PC using it. I went to my HDD u

:)

Acid TM, Jul 28, 2024

2. Secondary hdd drive does not show on pc

Hi my secondary storage space does show up in my computer and also device manager it happened before and i got a new hdd but it has happened again please help me out here

Andrew shaw2, Jul 28, 2024
  3. t5reich Win User
    Utililizing secondary drive as storage

I recently got a new computer, and decided to switch back from Apple to Windows for the first time in a decade or so, as such I'm floundering a bit and need some help.

Following advice online I went ahead and bought a new SSD and replaced the HDD in my new laptop, and then using a CD caddy placed my HDD in the optical drive slot in order to use it as a secondary storage drive. I did an install of Windows 10 onto the SSD
    using the creation tool and a USB drive, and then installed all the updates and drivers for everything. The issue is that I can't seem to access the HDD through file explorer or set it as a save location in the storage section of system settings. It is listed
    under disk drives in the device manager, and the status there claims it to be working properly. It's just functionally useless at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

t5reich, Jul 28, 2024
  4. Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.

Installing a new HDD to replace a HDD of the same size that failed.

I have a Windows 10 OS installed on my C: drive. I had data stored on an HDD designated as D: drive. That second drive failed and was replaced by a new HDD. Both are the same size and type of drives, except different manufactures. The new HDD is not
    listed in File Explorer. It is listed in Computer Management under Device Manager as a Disk drive. Disk Management under Storage does not list the new HDD.

I have tested the new HDD with software downloaded from the manufacture and it has passed all tests. At least that software was able to access the new drive and perform low level tests to see if it is operational.

Looking at the events log for this HDD, I find an event warning that says "Device ... was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." Opening up the properties indicates drivers have been installed. Reading the volume information results in: "Volume
    information for this disk cannot be found"

I suspect that the problem with the volume information is associated with the warning in the event log. I removed the HDD, restarted the PC then shut it down to start the installation process over again. No change in the event log or status of the new
    HDD. Can anyone suggest how I can get past that warning?

RonTognazzini, Jul 28, 2024
Thema:

Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.

1. Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation. - Similar Threads - Data secondary storage

2. Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.: I have a desktop pc I have used for 4 years or so now with a combination of a sata 2.5 SSD and a 3.5 sata HDD. My boot drive is SATA SSD using windows 10 pro 22h2 and my HDD is my secondary storage device. Recently I decided to do a fresh install on a newer SATA SSD since my...
  3. Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data on my secondary storage device HDD isnt showing on my new windows 10 installation.: I have a desktop pc I have used for 4 years or so now with a combination of a sata 2.5 SSD and a 3.5 sata HDD. My boot drive is SATA SSD using windows 10 pro 22h2 and my HDD is my secondary storage device. Recently I decided to do a fresh install on a newer SATA SSD since my...
  4. Installed a new SSD, but now HDD isnt recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed a new SSD, but now HDD isnt recognized: When I first bought my PC, it had a single 2tb HDD. After a couple of years I had received and installed a Samsung 850 EVO to which I migrated my Windows OS. Just now I bought and installed a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb SSD into my PC's NVME slot. I migrated the OS from the 850...
  5. Installed a new SSD, but now HDD isnt recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed a new SSD, but now HDD isnt recognized: When I first bought my PC, it had a single 2tb HDD. After a couple of years I had received and installed a Samsung 850 EVO to which I migrated my Windows OS. Just now I bought and installed a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb SSD into my PC's NVME slot. I migrated the OS from the 850...
  6. My HDD isnt working after new windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My HDD isnt working after new windows update: [ATTACH] I installed the new windows update today after that i rebooted my PC and my HDD is nowhere to be found not in device manage nowhere I only see him when i open my BIOS. I put my hand on it to see if it vibrates and it does so its working. I see then requires...
  7. Secondary HDD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  8. How do i add HDD as secondary storage without losing its data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i add HDD as secondary storage without losing its data?: I want to fresh install windows 10 on my 240gb SSD and use my 2tb HDD as storage space. I dont want to lose data on my hdd. What do I do? submitted by /u/spexyboi [link] [comments]...
  9. D:\... is unavailable (My Secondary HDD for Data)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D:\... is unavailable (My Secondary HDD for Data): Hello everyone, I have a SSD (C drive for programs) and an HDD (D drive for documents). My HDD is circa 5 years old and until yesterday it ran without problems. It didn't even become noticeable slower for me. Now I get the following error trying to access it: [img]...
  10. MY PC ISNT INSTALLING THE NEW WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY PC ISNT INSTALLING THE NEW WINDOWS 10: I have been trying to install a new windows from the updates but I was having some problems I wonder if I could get help to stop this problem. The installation is reaching 98% and then fails to finish the installation. This happened three consecutive times and I was stuck on...