Windows 10: Data Loss Prevention notifications

Discus and support Data Loss Prevention notifications in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I seem to be intermittently getting Data Loss Prevention notifications evaluating certain file operations on my pc. However my pc is not joined to any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jetuser, Mar 11, 2024.

1. jetuser Win User

Data Loss Prevention notifications

I seem to be intermittently getting Data Loss Prevention notifications evaluating certain file operations on my pc. However my pc is not joined to any organization work or school so I am unsure why the policy is still in effect on my PC. It used to be part of an intune organization some time ago, but I have long since removed my device from management.Is there a way I can purge any erroneous configuration that may or may not still be lingering on my pc?

:)

jetuser, Mar 11, 2024

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 11, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Evolving Data Loss Prevention in SharePoint Online/OneDrive

Source: Evolving Data Loss Prevention in SharePoint Online/OneDrive for Business and Office applications - Office Blogs

Brink, Mar 11, 2024
  4. Hi_477 Win User

How to encrypt data prevent data loss

You are absolutely correct, and I appreciate your clarification. I apologize if my previous response gave the impression that encryption prevents data loss. Encryption is primarily focused on protecting the confidentiality of data by making it unreadable to unauthorized individuals. While encryption can be an essential security measure, it does not directly address data loss or prevent other forms of data loss, such as accidental deletion, hardware failure, or physical damage.

Regarding the performance impact of encryption, it is true that encrypting and decrypting data can introduce some overhead, especially on resource-limited devices. However, with modern encryption algorithms and hardware acceleration support, the impact is often negligible for most users. Encryption is generally considered a worthwhile trade-off for the added security it provides, but it's important to consider the specific use case and requirements when implementing encryption.

Furthermore, your point about the importance of managing encryption keys and passwords is crucial. If the encryption key or password is lost, forgotten, or damaged beyond recovery, it can indeed result in permanent data loss. Therefore, it is vital to maintain proper backups and securely manage encryption keys to ensure data accessibility and recovery.

Thank you for highlighting these aspects of encryption, and I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous response.

Hi_477, Mar 11, 2024
Thema:

1. Data Loss Prevention notifications - Similar Threads - Data Loss Prevention

2. Data Loss Prevention notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Loss Prevention notifications: I seem to be intermittently getting Data Loss Prevention notifications evaluating certain file operations on my pc. However my pc is not joined to any organization work or school so I am unsure why the policy is still in effect on my PC. It used to be part of an intune...
  3. How to encrypt data prevent data loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to encrypt data prevent data loss: OS: I'm multibooting- Win10- Win8.1- Win7- WinServer2022- WinServer2019- WinServer2016How to do it for each OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-encrypt-data-prevent-data-loss/148ef413-d547-4f11-881e-c8fe5f06afb5
  4. How to encrypt data prevent data loss

How to encrypt data prevent data loss: OS: I'm multibooting- Win10- Win8.1- Win7- WinServer2022- WinServer2019- WinServer2016How to do it for each OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-encrypt-data-prevent-data-loss/148ef413-d547-4f11-881e-c8fe5f06afb5
  5. data loss

data loss: I deleted one of the user accounts on my pc and all the data is also deleted. how can i find my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/2db3f703-7bc9-4ab2-a55a-be585a53e095
  6. Loss of Data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of Data: I have been using a Windows 10 laptop. Everytime i turn my laptop On, i am losing all the data in all drives other than OSC. Also, it takes a lot of time to load displaying "Preparing Windows" text while loading. Please help me with the problem....
  7. Data loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data loss: I really need help my pc keeps loosing all of its data and i have to reinstall windows again and again and i don’t know the problem this is the 5th time its happened it only happens when i restart my pc its not every time only some times...
  8. Evolving Data Loss Prevention in SharePoint Online/OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Evolving Data Loss Prevention in SharePoint Online/OneDrive: Everywhere your data exists, moves or is shared, we want to protect it. Office 365 has provided Data Loss Prevention (DLP) capabilities for email since Exchange 2013. As collaboration extends beyond email to sites and documents, we are extending the DLP capabilities to these...
  9. Garage Series: Bringing Data Loss Prevention to SharePoint

in Windows 10 News
    Garage Series: Bringing Data Loss Prevention to SharePoint: On this week’s show we invite back Asaf Kashi, a lead engineer on the information protection team. We introduce the information protection updates coming to Office 365 and demonstrate the upcoming Data Loss Prevention capabilities in SharePoint and OneDrive for Business, the...
  10. Unifying Data Loss Prevention in Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Unifying Data Loss Prevention in Office 365: All organizations, regardless of size and industry, have data that they consider sensitive. Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is an important capability for protecting this information from getting into the wrong hands. We are always looking to enhance the DLP solution in Office 365...