Windows 10: Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

Discus and support Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KimCollins101, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example: Audio64.exe and NisSrv.exe SHARE the SAME custom icon. My question is, how do I "reset" JUST the .exe icons back to default, please? Note that the .exe icon is the ONLY icon I would like to revert/change back.Thanks!

:)

KimCollins101, Aug 28, 2022
  2. lionwing Win User

.exe Icon

After moving to a new PC and installing my Orbx (flight simulation scenery) products I have noticed the icon for Orbx Central has disappeared to be replaced with a default icon. See the image below.

Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon [​IMG]

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this please?

lionwing, Aug 28, 2022
  3. windows 7: my icons keep disappearing...

this has happened with firefox and evga precision. the picture for the icon is replaced by one of the ugly default file icons. i cant even reset the icon :shadedshu

Easy Rhino, Aug 28, 2022
  4. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 28, 2022
Thema:

Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

1. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon - Similar Threads - Customized exe file

2. *.exe icons changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  3. exe file missed icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  4. exe file missed icon

exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  5. I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  6. I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon

I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  7. I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  9. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  10. Change icon for .exe

Change icon for .exe: I am using Windows 10 Home 64 and want to change the .exe icon for a program I have. If I go to properties there is no way to do this so how is this done in Windows 10 without creating a shortcut or another program? I used to be able to do this before Windows 10. Also there...