Windows 10: Custom Cursors

Discus and support Custom Cursors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not really "custom" cursors, but I've saved these from "Good Ole Days" of XP.... Like the animated horse, dinosaur, barber pole, etc. Yours if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hopachi, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Hopachi Win User

Custom Cursors

Thank you Dick!
    Just in case, here is the screenshot for what's included:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Hopachi, Feb 19, 2016
  2. Cliff S New Member

Here is a custom folder ícon I modified(changed color, converted from .png to .ico, and resized) that anyone can use for their custom cursors folder, preferably on a separate drive(recommended in case you need to clean install).

Cursor folder.zip
    What it looks like:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Cliff S, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Cliff S New Member
    Horace, since you're the Master of Cursing Cursors, have you seen this at Winaero?:
    Cursor Commander

Cliff S, Feb 19, 2016
  4. Hopachi Win User

Custom Cursors

Thanks for the folder icon!

Yes I've seen it. This facilitates installation of cursors.
    It started when I was still adding stuff on EightForums.
    Sergey, the developer, found my cursors were worth adding to the program.

Hopachi, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs

Cliff S, Feb 20, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Dowloaded and installed, it'll come in useful for cursor packs without installers or for your special additions like the busy cyclone.

Cliff S, Feb 20, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Custom Cursors

I just created a Tile Pack for CursorCommander, you can give Sergey a copy for his program if you wish too.Screenshot of it on Start Menu

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

What it looks like(the original?)

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

CursorCommander Tile Pack.zip

You need to remove the shortcut in
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    Before pinning the new tile

Cliff S, Feb 20, 2016
  9. Hopachi Win User
    I tested it out @Cliff S,
    When small it shows some blue text(?):

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Hopachi, Feb 20, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Probably because I originally wanted text on the folder, then thought against it, and did something wrong in GIMP(I'm still a novice with it)

Cliff S, Feb 20, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I just looked only large and extra large look like a folder*Sad

Cliff S, Feb 20, 2016
  12. Hopachi Win User
    No worries.
    It works; just that it's a bit jumbled-up.

Your small icon layer isn't square so the system forces it to be square, making it unreadable.
    I'd go just for the icon, also for small previews, makes it simple.

GIMP:
    Do you have this plugin?

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Hopachi, Feb 20, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

Custom Cursors

Script Fu? Nope, do you have a link?

Cliff S, Feb 20, 2016
  14. Hopachi Win User
    This is what you have:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Text is on a separate layer, needs to be placed properly and fused with the main folder layer.
    My guess is it took the text, as is, as a low-res version of the same icon: making it a multi-layered icon.

Hopachi, Feb 20, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    I removed that text layer and posted the fixed version in the original post.
    It took some trial and error, but I got it.
    After getting rid of the layer I had to rebuild my Icon cache, as it kept showing the fudged version, even after replacing the bad icon.

Cliff S, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

Custom Cursors

1. Custom Cursors - Similar Threads - Custom Cursors

2. Custom mouse cursor applies in menu but doesn't actually change, only for the "move" cursor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom mouse cursor applies in menu but doesn't actually change, only for the "move" cursor...: I've tried everything but I can't seem to get the cursor to change from the default 4-arrow cursor for moving objects. Every other cursor form can be customized just fine, but when I apply any custom cursor to replace the "move" cursor, it simply doesn't work this includes...
  3. Custom mouse cursor applies in menu but doesn't actually change, only for the "move" cursor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom mouse cursor applies in menu but doesn't actually change, only for the "move" cursor...: I've tried everything but I can't seem to get the cursor to change from the default 4-arrow cursor for moving objects. Every other cursor form can be customized just fine, but when I apply any custom cursor to replace the "move" cursor, it simply doesn't work this includes...
  4. mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC. AFTER RESTARTING MY pc IT STILL SAYS THAT MY CUSTOM CURSOR IS EQUIPPED, EVEN THOUGH THE ULGY REGULAR CURSOR IS SHOWWN. THIS IS HAPPENING ON 2 DIFFERENT COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED pcS THAT I OWN. hOW TO...
  5. mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC. AFTER RESTARTING MY pc IT STILL SAYS THAT MY CUSTOM CURSOR IS EQUIPPED, EVEN THOUGH THE ULGY REGULAR CURSOR IS SHOWWN. THIS IS HAPPENING ON 2 DIFFERENT COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED pcS THAT I OWN. hOW TO...
  6. mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My custom cursor always changes to default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My custom cursor always changes to default.: So, i changed my cursor in the settings. But whenever i restart or shut down my pc, the cursor comes back to the default windows one.I don't know how can i repair it.I once had a virus and fortunetly removed it, but i hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.Thanks!...
  8. My custom cursor always changes to default.

My custom cursor always changes to default.: So, i changed my cursor in the settings. But whenever i restart or shut down my pc, the cursor comes back to the default windows one.I don't know how can i repair it.I once had a virus and fortunetly removed it, but i hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.Thanks!...
  9. My custom cursor always changes to default.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Roblox screen flickering with custom cursor

Roblox screen flickering with custom cursor: I've had an issue for a long time in roblox that anytime a roblox game uses a cursor that isn't the default cursor my screen will flicker black. I use the webversion and have tried both windowed and full screen, I have already changed surtain settings like display settings,...