Windows 10: Custom Cursors

Discus and support Custom Cursors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Thanks for creating the thread here too Horace*Thumbs Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hopachi, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Cliff S New Member

Custom Cursors

Thanks for creating the thread here too Horace*Thumbs

Cliff S, Feb 15, 2016
  2. Hopachi Win User

Thanks guys.
    I'll post some more. Still need some cleaning up to do with the moved pictures...

Hopachi, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Hopachi Win User
    DMZ Neon Blue
    dmz-neon-blue.zip

Technically on the spot: contains 32x32, 48x48 and 64x64 size pointer and looks nice up and beyond 192 dpi in display settings!

From where I got the idea:
    Once, I've seen a blue glowing cursor in an Android x86 VM:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

That looked familiar with the Black DMZ Pointer from Ubuntu...
    So I tried to reproduce the effect to an entire cursor scheme. I had to include the MIT license from DMZ source (a small text file).
    Custom Cursors [​IMG]

It looks just like what I've seen:

-black background:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

-white background:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Hopachi, Feb 15, 2016
  4. Hopachi Win User

Custom Cursors

DMZ Neon Orange
    dmz-neon-orange.zip

Previously released DMZ Neon Blue has a follow-up.

First I had in mind: Lit Charcoal, Tangerine... but I just go with Orange, for the logic.
    Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Same specs as the Blue version
    32x32, 48x48, 64x64

Previews on black and white backgrounds:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Usage:
    Extract the zip.
    Installer (inf) included. Right click -> install.

Hopachi, Feb 15, 2016
  5. Hopachi Win User
    DMZ Neon Yellow-Red
    ...or simply Red.
    dmz-neon-yellow-red.zip

New to the series is a visible variation.
    Same specs as the DMZ Neon predecessors: 32; 48 & 64-sized.
    Note: all cursors in this theme are static.

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Hopachi, Feb 15, 2016
  6. Hopachi Win User
    And I couldn't resist an animated preview:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

*Wink

Hopachi, Feb 15, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Oh! Now where are my sunglasses............LOL

simrick, Feb 15, 2016
  8. Hopachi Win User

Custom Cursors

I read your title: Don't Blink!
    *Cool

Hopachi, Feb 15, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are FAST! Faster than you can imagine. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck.

simrick, Feb 16, 2016
  10. Hopachi Win User
    Aero8-Yellow (based on Windows Default system scheme)

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Installer files included

aero8-yellow-xl.zip (extra large)
    aero8-yellow-l.zip (large)
    aero8-yellow.zip (normal)

Preview:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Alternate animations: dotted spinner (working & busy states
    require manual install)

Custom Cursors [​IMG]
    aero8-yellow-dotted-spinner-xl.zip

Custom Cursors [​IMG]
    aero8-yellow-dotted-spinner-l.zip

Custom Cursors [​IMG]
    aero8-yellow-dotted-spinner.zip

Hopachi, Feb 17, 2016
  11. Hopachi Win User
    White dotted spinners for the Default Windows cursors (working and busy)
    dotted-spinner-white.zip

Previews:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

*jagged edges are due to GIF image compression, the actual cursors are smoother.

How to install:
    Extract/place the cursor files from zip in the cursor folder (usually C:\Windows\Cursors) then got to mouse pointer settings and browse for the installed files after selecting the working and busy states. Apply or even save the new scheme under a new name, to easily switch back between different cursors via the drop-down theme list:

Custom Cursors [​IMG]

Hopachi, Feb 18, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Feb 18, 2016
  13. Hopachi Win User

Custom Cursors

Hopachi, Feb 19, 2016
  14. Hopachi Win User
    There's still some work moving the cursors already made.
    But I'm planning a couple of new releases.
    No teasers yet. *Smile

Hopachi, Feb 19, 2016
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    Not really "custom" cursors, but I've saved these from "Good Ole Days" of XP.... Like the animated horse, dinosaur, barber pole, etc. Yours if you wish! Cursors.zip

f14tomcat, Feb 19, 2016
Thema:

Custom Cursors

1. Custom Cursors - Similar Threads - Custom Cursors

2. Custom mouse cursor applies in menu but doesn't actually change, only for the "move" cursor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom mouse cursor applies in menu but doesn't actually change, only for the "move" cursor...: I've tried everything but I can't seem to get the cursor to change from the default 4-arrow cursor for moving objects. Every other cursor form can be customized just fine, but when I apply any custom cursor to replace the "move" cursor, it simply doesn't work this includes...
  3. Custom mouse cursor applies in menu but doesn't actually change, only for the "move" cursor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom mouse cursor applies in menu but doesn't actually change, only for the "move" cursor...: I've tried everything but I can't seem to get the cursor to change from the default 4-arrow cursor for moving objects. Every other cursor form can be customized just fine, but when I apply any custom cursor to replace the "move" cursor, it simply doesn't work this includes...
  4. mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC. AFTER RESTARTING MY pc IT STILL SAYS THAT MY CUSTOM CURSOR IS EQUIPPED, EVEN THOUGH THE ULGY REGULAR CURSOR IS SHOWWN. THIS IS HAPPENING ON 2 DIFFERENT COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED pcS THAT I OWN. hOW TO...
  5. mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC. AFTER RESTARTING MY pc IT STILL SAYS THAT MY CUSTOM CURSOR IS EQUIPPED, EVEN THOUGH THE ULGY REGULAR CURSOR IS SHOWWN. THIS IS HAPPENING ON 2 DIFFERENT COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED pcS THAT I OWN. hOW TO...
  6. mY CUSTOM MOUSE CURSOR CHANGES BACK TO THE DEFAULT ONE WHEN I REATART MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My custom cursor always changes to default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My custom cursor always changes to default.: So, i changed my cursor in the settings. But whenever i restart or shut down my pc, the cursor comes back to the default windows one.I don't know how can i repair it.I once had a virus and fortunetly removed it, but i hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.Thanks!...
  8. My custom cursor always changes to default.

My custom cursor always changes to default.: So, i changed my cursor in the settings. But whenever i restart or shut down my pc, the cursor comes back to the default windows one.I don't know how can i repair it.I once had a virus and fortunetly removed it, but i hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.Thanks!...
  9. My custom cursor always changes to default.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Roblox screen flickering with custom cursor

Roblox screen flickering with custom cursor: I've had an issue for a long time in roblox that anytime a roblox game uses a cursor that isn't the default cursor my screen will flicker black. I use the webversion and have tried both windowed and full screen, I have already changed surtain settings like display settings,...