Windows 10: Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer

Discus and support Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I created a custom cursor theme a while ago, and even went through some steps to make it my "default" cursor theme. However, it doesn't work, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joshua253, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Joshua253 Win User

Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer

So, I created a custom cursor theme a while ago, and even went through some steps to make it my "default" cursor theme. However, it doesn't work, and whenever I turn on my computer, the cursor theme reverts back to the original. So, I open settings, go to Devices > Mouse, and then Additional Mouse Options and change it from there. I have to do this every time I turn on my pc if I want the custom theme, is there a way I can fix this?

:)

Joshua253, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Hopachi Win User

Custom Cursors

White dotted spinners for the Default Windows cursors (working and busy)
    dotted-spinner-white.zip

Previews:

Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer [​IMG]

*jagged edges are due to GIF image compression, the actual cursors are smoother.

How to install:
    Extract/place the cursor files from zip in the cursor folder (usually C:\Windows\Cursors) then got to mouse pointer settings and browse for the installed files after selecting the working and busy states. Apply or even save the new scheme under a new name, to easily switch back between different cursors via the drop-down theme list:

Hopachi, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Hopachi Win User
    Custom Cursors

A complete tutorial on changing mouse pointers can be found here:
    Mouse Pointers - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Installing a cursor theme
    :
    Complete cursor packs can include an install file (install.inf) right-click -> install should install the new mouse pointer theme entirely. To use the new theme, select it from the list: (Figure 2 -> Figure 3).

Changing or installing a cursor theme
    manually:
    To use the new cursor file(s) first unzip/open the downloaded file. There you find a folder and/or in that folder the needed files. Then you can place those (extracted) files, the static (*.cur), or animated files, in this case, (*.ani) anywhere you want (Windows cursors are placed in "C:\Windows\Cursors" so this might be the ideal place where you'll need to browse to the files).
    Figure 1:

You then need to access mouse settings from Control Panel -> Mouse or by right clicking on the Desktop -> Personalization
    Figure 2:

That will open the cursor settings then go to pointers:
    Figure 3:

You can double-click the ones needed to be changed or select each one and go to browse. Here we browse to our cursor folder needed (where you placed the extracted cursor files).
    Figure 4:

After all is changed you can even save (see below: select "save-as" and enter a theme name) the cursor theme (scheme) as a new scheme and the settings will be kept for later use, in case the cursors get changed by you or the Windows Themes.
    Figure 5:

That's it.

Hopachi, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer

I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer

1. Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer - Similar Threads - Custom Cursor Theme

2. My custom cursor always changes to default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My custom cursor always changes to default.: So, i changed my cursor in the settings. But whenever i restart or shut down my pc, the cursor comes back to the default windows one.I don't know how can i repair it.I once had a virus and fortunetly removed it, but i hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.Thanks!...
  3. My custom cursor always changes to default.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My custom cursor always changes to default.: So, i changed my cursor in the settings. But whenever i restart or shut down my pc, the cursor comes back to the default windows one.I don't know how can i repair it.I once had a virus and fortunetly removed it, but i hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.Thanks!...
  4. My custom cursor always changes to default.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer: So, I created a custom cursor theme a while ago, and even went through some steps to make it my "default" cursor theme. However, it doesn't work, and whenever I turn on my computer, the cursor theme reverts back to the original. So, I open settings, go to Devices > Mouse, and...
  6. Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer: So, I created a custom cursor theme a while ago, and even went through some steps to make it my "default" cursor theme. However, it doesn't work, and whenever I turn on my computer, the cursor theme reverts back to the original. So, I open settings, go to Devices > Mouse, and...
  7. Custom Cursor Theme won't stay applied?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Cursor Theme won't stay applied?: Hi all, never used this reddit before but I was hoping someone here could help me. I've slowly started to customize my PC more and more, and recently decided to change my cursors. I made a custom theme for the cursor set and applied it. However, there's one problem. Whenever...
  8. Theme customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theme customization: I tried to customize windows in terms of background and text. In order to do that, I had to select high contrast setting and then do whatever I want. It did worked pretty fine, BUT, Excel's background turned black on its own and I have a huge lists with differently colored...
  9. Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme

Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme: OK, I know that this is a super minor complaint, but it bothers me, and it shouldn't be an issue in the first place. I just recently upgraded from 7 to 10, and since I've always used the (none) theme in the windows mouse settings, I wanted to use it again, as it's just what...
  10. Customizing Themes

Customizing Themes: I would like to add corporate information e.g. company vision, mission, objectives etc onto some of the nice images that come with Windows 7/10 so that while the computer is ideal I can use it to communication good and useful company information. Is this allowable by MS?...