Windows 10: Current PIN code not working and cannot reset or login to system!!

Discus and support Current PIN code not working and cannot reset or login to system!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Support,I am experiencing an urgent issue with my Windows system where I encounter an error related to a stack-based buffer overrun,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tal Nuni, May 3, 2024.

1. Tal Nuni Win User

Current PIN code not working and cannot reset or login to system!!

Hello Microsoft Support,I am experiencing an urgent issue with my Windows system where I encounter an error related to a stack-based buffer overrun, specifically with explorer.exe. This error appears when I attempt to set up my PIN, rendering me unable to access my system normally. Additionally, when attempting to install necessary applications, I am prompted without success, indicating a deeper system problem.I have tried accessing the system via Safe Mode and attempting a System Restore, but I am unable to successfully boot into or use these features due to the error. I am currently unable t

:)

Tal Nuni, May 3, 2024

2. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., May 3, 2024
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 3, 2024
  4. Current PIN code not working and cannot reset or login to system!!

Login Setup won't take a PIN

Hello,

I have exact same issues with pin-code login (but I don't have fingerprint scanner).

When I (logged in as administrator) open abovementioned folder C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService

I have no \AppData\ folder in there.

System File Checker tool performed some checks, even reported few fixes, but did
    not resolve pin code issue.

Александр Шагури, May 3, 2024
Thema:

Current PIN code not working and cannot reset or login to system!!

1. Current PIN code not working and cannot reset or login to system!! - Similar Threads - Current PIN code

2. PIN not working and cannot reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN not working and cannot reset: Reset my laptop and created a local account. After some time I logged into this microsoft account itself and tried to setup a PIN, that did not work so I tried setting up a fingerprint but it still does not work. When I put the computer to sleep I must sign in with my...
  3. PIN not working and cannot reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN not working and cannot reset: Reset my laptop and created a local account. After some time I logged into this microsoft account itself and tried to setup a PIN, that did not work so I tried setting up a fingerprint but it still does not work. When I put the computer to sleep I must sign in with my...
  4. PIN not working and cannot reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Current PIN code not working and cannot reset or login to system!!

Current PIN code not working and cannot reset or login to system!!: Hello Microsoft Support,I am experiencing an urgent issue with my Windows system where I encounter an error related to a stack-based buffer overrun, specifically with explorer.exe. This error appears when I attempt to set up my PIN, rendering me unable to access my system...
  6. login PIN isn't working and cannot be reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login PIN isn't working and cannot be reset: I cannot log into my laptop with the correct PIN. I cannot use "I forgot my PIN" to reset my password because the email address it wants to use is years old and is no longer valid. I need a different way to access my laptop....
  7. login PIN isn't working and cannot be reset

login PIN isn't working and cannot be reset: I cannot log into my laptop with the correct PIN. I cannot use "I forgot my PIN" to reset my password because the email address it wants to use is years old and is no longer valid. I need a different way to access my laptop....
  8. login PIN isn't working and cannot be reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. login pin code not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login pin code not working: hi, i am having a very frustrating problem with my laptop which is a windows 10 hp laptop. Recently my start button and start icons were not working so i decided to fix it by updating my windows system then after that i safe booted my pc by ticking network and straight...
  10. Unable to reset PIN code for login,

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to reset PIN code for login,: Yesterday, I got a problem with a key being phantom pressed, which is fixed. This leads into my problem. The phantom presses made my PIN code invalid because it incorrectly entered it too many times, and now I can't login with a PIN. Is there any way to re-enable the PIN...