Windows 10: Cumulative Update 23H2 Will Not Update ~ Even After Several Deep Dives

Discus and support Cumulative Update 23H2 Will Not Update ~ Even After Several Deep Dives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying for at least the last couple of months to get both of my computersdesktop and laptop to install update 23H2, neither of them will.I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SkellyCA, Apr 27, 2024.

1. SkellyCA Win User

Cumulative Update 23H2 Will Not Update ~ Even After Several Deep Dives

I've been trying for at least the last couple of months to get both of my computersdesktop and laptop to install update 23H2, neither of them will.I've done several deep teep dives. Secure Boot is on, TPM 2.0 is on, UEFI is enabled.I've followed all the steps below several times and nothing works, It still absolutly will not update.It gets to 95% then says something went wrong and it undoes the changes.Please help...Steps followed as mentioned above...* Open CMD as Administrator * kill services Make sure service stops correctly net stop bits Background Intelligent Transfer Service net st

:)

SkellyCA, Apr 27, 2024
  2. tomg8888 Win User

23H2 update

I read that you need cumulative update KB5031455 (October) installed in order to get the 23H2 update. I'm sure this is the one that, no matter what I did would not install. I have updated a couple of cumulative updates since 455 was issued. Should I try to install it again to get 23H2? I don't see that update number in update history.

tomg8888, Apr 27, 2024
  3. joelk3579 Win User
    Windows Cumulative Updates failing to install

I'm having a large number of failures installing the December and now the January Cumulative updates for Widows 11 22H2 and 23H2. The specific updates are:
    MS23-DEC: Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 - Windows 11 Version 22H2 - KB5033375 (x64)

MS23-DEC: Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 - Windows 11 Version 23H2 - KB5033375 (x64)

and

MS24-JAN: Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 - Windows 11 Version 23H2 - KB5034123 (x64)

MS24-JAN: Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 - Windows 11 Version 22H2 - KB5034123 (x64)

I have followed the instructions detailed by David-M in this post: Windows Update failing to install - Microsoft Community and others with similiar steps, none of the steps have succeeded. I have tried using Windows Update locally, pushing the updates from our asset management software and even downloaded the specific CU locally, and running the installer/update. Regardless of the method, the install universally fails with: "Install error - 0x800f081f"

On the 22H2 systems I have also tried upgrading to 23H2 and generally speaking those fail as well. Does anyone have a similar experience and found a way through this?

joelk3579, Apr 27, 2024
  4. Cumulative Update 23H2 Will Not Update ~ Even After Several Deep Dives

WINDOWS 23H2 UPDATE IS NOT SHOWING

Please try this tiny enablement package, which upgrades the OS to 23H2.

https://catalog.sf.dl.delivery.mp.m..._3a9c368e239bb928c32a790cf1663338d2cad472.msu

You must have the following prerequisite installed before applying this update:

More Info:

KB5027397: Feature update to Windows 11, version 23H2 by using an enablement package - Microsoft Support: KB5027397: Feature update to Windows 11, version 23H2 by using an enablement package - Microsoft Support

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 27, 2024
Thema:

Cumulative Update 23H2 Will Not Update ~ Even After Several Deep Dives

1. Cumulative Update 23H2 Will Not Update ~ Even After Several Deep Dives - Similar Threads - Cumulative Update 23H2

2. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after 23H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after 23H2 update: Hi mates,I hope this email finds you well. I have got a BSOD error when I shutdown my laptop today. The returned error code is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.I experienced BSOD before due to Intel A370M graphics card issue. But I have uninstalled it from Device Manager and BIOS. So...
  3. Cumulative Update 23H2 Will Not Update ~ Even After Several Deep Dives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Update 23H2 Will Not Update ~ Even After Several Deep Dives: I've been trying for at least the last couple of months to get both of my computersdesktop and laptop to install update 23H2, neither of them will.I've done several deep teep dives. Secure Boot is on, TPM 2.0 is on, UEFI is enabled.I've followed all the steps below several...
  4. Need Information on Deep Dive Diagnostic Tools for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Information on Deep Dive Diagnostic Tools for Windows 10: Hello everyone. I need some information on how to do a total deep dive on a windows 10 debug? I have some systems that are having major issues with performance, and I do not see any reason why they should be. The way the behavior is I am not sure if it is a latency issue or a...
  5. Need Information on Deep Dive Diagnostic Tools for Windows 10

Need Information on Deep Dive Diagnostic Tools for Windows 10: Hello everyone. I need some information on how to do a total deep dive on a windows 10 debug? I have some systems that are having major issues with performance, and I do not see any reason why they should be. The way the behavior is I am not sure if it is a latency issue or a...
  6. Need Information on Deep Dive Diagnostic Tools for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  8. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  9. Wifi Network is crashing several times a day after updating KB4601382 Cumulative Update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi Network is crashing several times a day after updating KB4601382 Cumulative Update...: Hello Microsoft Community I have unfortunally installed the KB4601382 on my laptop maybe a week ago from Windows Update because it said it were pending, and since that my network on the laptop is starting to act up and change to limited 2 - 4 times a day, and the laptop has...
  10. A deep-dive into WinUI 3 in desktop apps for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    A deep-dive into WinUI 3 in desktop apps for Windows 10: XAML Islands was our first solution to enable developers to use UWP XAML inside their desktop (Win32) apps. Within a couple of months after the release of XAML Islands, behavioral insights and customer interviews raised some signals about how developers were using it. We...