Windows 10: Ctrl+Shift+{Some Letters} is not working

Discus and support Ctrl+Shift+{Some Letters} is not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloEdition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2Build: 22631.4169What suddenly happened is that:Ctrl + Shift combination buttons have lost their functionality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MohammadjavadAmini, Sep 16, 2024 at 2:52 PM.

1. Ctrl+Shift+{Some Letters} is not working

HelloEdition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2Build: 22631.4169What suddenly happened is that:Ctrl + Shift combination buttons have lost their functionality for some buttonsAnd this happened to all software likeAdobe Photoshop, Notepad, WordPad, Microsoft Office and ...I have tested this with the "https://en.key-test.ru/"And also i tested the Sticky keys option, But the problem was not solved.Disabled buttons are:Ctrl + Shift + ZCtrl + Shift + ACtrl + Shift + QCtrl + Shift + WCtrl + Shift + EAnd a few othersActive buttons:Ctrl + Shift + VCtrl + Shift + CCtrl + Shift + FCtrl + Shift + RAnd a few oth

:)

MohammadjavadAmini, Sep 16, 2024 at 2:52 PM
  2. CezarGutu Win User

ctrl and shift not working

sorry that im writing without capslock but they stopped working. for some days my ctrl and shift dont work in the way they used to work and they need to work. for example ctrl c ctrl v ctrl a commands don't work. in my browser when i try to press shift
    and plus or shift and the line next to it it zooms in and out, sorry i cant show them because i can't use them like i said, also trying to shift plus letters works just on some like A, G. but for the rest of the letter it just does commands it doesnt make
    caps letters but random commands . pls i resally some help . thanks

3. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Okay thanks. Didn't know that tool.
    It does list Ctrl+Shift+, 3 & 8. But it doesn't say what they're registered to. (And nothing seems to happen when I press them.)

The tool turns up a very short list, by the way, compared to the screenshots on that site. Just these three plus:
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+Delete
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+J (I know what this is from)
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+K (Kindle)
    Hot Key : Alt+F4

4. Ctrl+Shift+{Some Letters} is not working

Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in Text Services and Input Languages, I've tried Ease of Access, I've even tried changing keyboards. The following are all Microsoft Answers threads recommended to me by Google:

I have tried literally everything suggested in all of these threads, and NOTHING WORKS, it is that stubborn. Considering that there are multiple threads regarding this issue, which yes, I did research this before I started asking this, I am 100% conviced this has to do with system updates. What do I even do at this point?

Thema:

Ctrl+Shift+{Some Letters} is not working

1. Ctrl+Shift+{Some Letters} is not working - Similar Threads - Ctrl+Shift+{Some Letters} working

2. Ctrl+Shift+{Some Letters} is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift+{Some Letters} is not working: HelloEdition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2Build: 22631.4169What suddenly happened is that:Ctrl + Shift combination buttons have lost their functionality for some buttonsAnd this happened to all software likeAdobe Photoshop, Notepad, WordPad, Microsoft Office and ...I have...
  3. Ctrl+Shift Keystrokes Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Keystrokes Not Working: I am having issues with the Ctrl+Shift keystrokes on my Windows 10 system. I've tried changing my typing settings, I've tried updating my sysytem, I've tried looking for drivers, I've tried looking at my hotkey settings, and nothing seems to work. This just suddenly happened...
  4. Ctrl + Shift + Down not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + Shift + Down not working: Well, technically everything the same as in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ctrl-shift-down-not-working/c639e462-e2d2-4b71-95a1-e8fe16e04fc6 except i found this issue in pycharm instead of excelthis key combination doesnt work in any app, also i didnt...
  5. Why shift does not work on some capital letter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why shift does not work on some capital letter?: The shift key does not work on my laptop on Windows 11 when I tried to input capital letter S. BUT other letters work well if I use shift on capital letters.For letter S, It will pop up a window on POS, RGB if I input shift+s. So I have to use Capslk to input capital letter...
  6. Why shift does not work on some capital letter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why shift does not work on some capital letter?: The shift key does not work on my laptop on Windows 11 when I tried to input capital letter S. BUT other letters work well if I use shift on capital letters.For letter S, It will pop up a window on POS, RGB if I input shift+s. So I have to use Capslk to input capital letter...
  7. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  8. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  9. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

in Windows 10 Support
    CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working: I'm trying to find the cause of this problem: CTRL+SHIFT+8 no longer works. This is the standard key combination in MS Word and another text editor I'm using for the command "view hidden characters" (such as spaces &c). I can always assign a different key combination to that...
  10. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...