Windows 10: ctrl + shift + enter not working

Discus and support ctrl + shift + enter not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fismit, Feb 11, 2022.

1. fismit Win User

ctrl + shift + enter not working

I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app period. If I just press the start key, type cmd and then enter, it works fine. Of course, I don't have admin privileges when I do that.The update is/was the 2022-02 Cumulative Update KB5010342Any ideas?

:)

fismit, Feb 11, 2022
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Whats Ctrl+Enter in Ubuntu ?

doesn't work , that's why I'm asking .

EDIT : NM , right ctrl+enter doesn't work, left ctrl+enter does .

Maybe thats because right ctrl is the host key in VirtualBox .

wolf2009, Feb 11, 2022
  3. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Okay thanks. Didn't know that tool.
    It does list Ctrl+Shift+, 3 & 8. But it doesn't say what they're registered to. (And nothing seems to happen when I press them.)

The tool turns up a very short list, by the way, compared to the screenshots on that site. Just these three plus:
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+Delete
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+J (I know what this is from)
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+K (Kindle)
    Hot Key : Alt+F4

franklekens, Feb 11, 2022
  4. CezarGutu Win User

ctrl and shift not working

sorry that im writing without capslock but they stopped working. for some days my ctrl and shift dont work in the way they used to work and they need to work. for example ctrl c ctrl v ctrl a commands don't work. in my browser when i try to press shift
    and plus or shift and the line next to it it zooms in and out, sorry i cant show them because i can't use them like i said, also trying to shift plus letters works just on some like A, G. but for the rest of the letter it just does commands it doesnt make
    caps letters but random commands . pls i resally some help . thanks

CezarGutu, Feb 11, 2022
Thema:

1. ctrl + shift + enter not working - Similar Threads - ctrl shift enter

2. Ctrl Key enter 8 and shift enter *

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl Key enter 8 and shift enter *: Whenever I press the Ctrl key, it is typing 8. So, I am unable to copy or paste anything because when I press Ctrl, it quickly enters 8, and I cannot complete my shortcuts ctrl+c or ctrl+v.Also, whenever I press shift, it enters *When I turn on NumLock, both these keys stop...
  3. Ctrl Key enter 8 and shift enter *

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl Key enter 8 and shift enter *: Whenever I press the Ctrl key, it is typing 8. So, I am unable to copy or paste anything because when I press Ctrl, it quickly enters 8, and I cannot complete my shortcuts ctrl+c or ctrl+v.Also, whenever I press shift, it enters *When I turn on NumLock, both these keys stop...
  4. Ctrl+Shift Keystrokes Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Keystrokes Not Working: I am having issues with the Ctrl+Shift keystrokes on my Windows 10 system. I've tried changing my typing settings, I've tried updating my sysytem, I've tried looking for drivers, I've tried looking at my hotkey settings, and nothing seems to work. This just suddenly happened...
  5. Ctrl + Shift + Down not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + Shift + Down not working: Well, technically everything the same as in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ctrl-shift-down-not-working/c639e462-e2d2-4b71-95a1-e8fe16e04fc6 except i found this issue in pycharm instead of excelthis key combination doesnt work in any app, also i didnt...
  6. CTRL - SHIFT - S not working

CTRL - SHIFT - S not working: system: win 11I use PHP storm and I try to use the keyboard shortcut CTRL-SHIFT-S, normally it would trigger save as, but it doesn't do a thing.In Edge I try to simulate CTRL-SHIFT-S, but the keycode doesn't get through, CTRL-SHIFT-A is working CTRL - SHIFT - S :...
  7. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  8. ctrl + shift + enter not working

ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  9. Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu?: Hi All, I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro 2004 from 1909. I used to be able to press the Windows key on my keyboard, type the name of the program I want to launch e.g. powershell and launch it as admin by using the key sequence Ctrl + Shift + Enter. UAC would prompt with...
  10. Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl Shift Enter Bug with Start Menu?: Hi All, I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro 2004 (from 1909). I used to be able to press the Windows key on my keyboard, type the name of the program I want to launch (e.g. powershell) and launch it as admin by using the key sequence Ctrl + Shift + Enter. It would launch as...