Windows 10: Credentials account is no longer active

Discus and support Credentials account is no longer active in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Outlook is telling me my credentials are out of date, but the account it wants me to logon to is no longer active. How do I change the account? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Connie 3012, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Credentials account is no longer active

Outlook is telling me my credentials are out of date, but the account it wants me to logon to is no longer active. How do I change the account? I have deleted it from my Windows accounts, but it still shows up here. Thanks!

:)

Connie 3012, Dec 19, 2019

2. Error: "Click here to enter your most recent credential. Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again" on Windows 10

Hi Irish,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you disable the third-party anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If
    you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you are done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: Change the settings in Windows Credentials.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Credential Manager icon.
    • Select Windows Credentials at the top right in Credential Manager.
    • Under the Generic Credentials section, look for the listed
      MicrosoftAccount:user= (Email address)
      credential for your Microsoft account.
    • Expand open the MicrosoftAccount:user=(Email address)
      credential for your Microsoft account, and click/tap on Remove.
    • Click on Yes to confirm.
    • Sign out from the current user account, sign in and check with the status of this issue.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of verifying the user account credentials for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Credentials account is no longer active

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Credentials account is no longer active

1. Credentials account is no longer active - Similar Threads - Credentials account longer

2. Romoving a account that is no longer active from my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Romoving a account that is no longer active from my PC: I am trying to remove a account from my PC that has already been closed. There is no remove option to remove it. If i try to Sign in to it, I get a message the the account is no longer active. See my problem? How do i fix?...
  3. Romoving a account that is no longer active from my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Romoving a account that is no longer active from my PC: I am trying to remove a account from my PC that has already been closed. There is no remove option to remove it. If i try to Sign in to it, I get a message the the account is no longer active. See my problem? How do i fix?...
  4. Locked account and forgotten credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked account and forgotten credentials: Hello!I have recently been in a depressive slump, and have not been active on any of my devices. I was doing some cleaning and booted up my computer to connect to my 3d printer to get a order going. I do not remember locking it behind a password. I do not remember what I put...
  5. Locked account and forgotten credentials

Locked account and forgotten credentials: Hello!I have recently been in a depressive slump, and have not been active on any of my devices. I was doing some cleaning and booted up my computer to connect to my 3d printer to get a order going. I do not remember locking it behind a password. I do not remember what I put...
  6. BitLocker activated via an school email account that is no longer active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker activated via an school email account that is no longer active: I recently had my computer repaired by HP and when it was returned a BitLocker key had been activated on it, I logged into the different Microsoft accounts I had connected with the computer and none of them came up with the matching ID, so I checked when the ID/key had been...
  7. BitLocker activated via an school email account that is no longer active

BitLocker activated via an school email account that is no longer active: I recently had my computer repaired by HP and when it was returned a BitLocker key had been activated on it, I logged into the different Microsoft accounts I had connected with the computer and none of them came up with the matching ID, so I checked when the ID/key had been...
  8. Windows Credentials no longer in Credential Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Credentials no longer in Credential Manager: Hi, I can no longer login to any Office 365 software, access Onedrive, or even access various sites that require live Id login. I use onedrive with my business and it is making things very difficult to process data. I did reset my password and have access via my mobile...
  9. Windows no longer activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows no longer activated: Hello, Since last week, Windows is no longer activated on my PC. I get this message on the bottom right´-hand corner of the screen : [ATTACH] So I go to settings, and I see this message : [ATTACH] This is weird because I do have a valid product key. So I click...
  10. No longer have an active active administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    No longer have an active active administrator account: Hi all, For reasons I can't understand, my local account on my Windows 10 PC which is not on a domain is no longer a member of the local administrators group it definitely used to be. The only account that is a member of the administrators group is the Administrator...