Windows 10: Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not...

Discus and support Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Windows Version22H2OS Build 22621.2213, and this system i install newer update .Hello, thanks to read my Question.To be clearly, i didn't change any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by QWQ, Jun 28, 2024 at 4:07 AM.

1. QWQ
    QWQ Win User

Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not...

My Windows Version22H2OS Build 22621.2213, and this system i install newer update .Hello, thanks to read my Question.To be clearly, i didn't change any settings and it just popup in my event viewer every time. And the next message are bunch of LSA Warning with diffrent package name.And there this details about this event :EventID: 15 ; Source: Wininit ; LogName: System ; User: SYSTEM ; Level: Warning ; OpCode: Info ; <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit" Guid="{206f6dea-d3c5-4d10-bc72-989f03c8b84b}" /> <Version>0</Version> <Task>0</Task>&n

:)

2. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

3. JG.in.KC Win User
    Windows 11 EVENT 15 Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not running; continuing without them.

@RETRO_RUNNER, I am experiencing the exact same issue on on a brand new Dell workstation with a 12th gen Intel processor and Win11 Pro (not Enterprise) with all applicable updates form Microsoft and Dell.

In addition to everything you describe, my system also refuses to activate System Guard firmware protection under Security at a Glance (i.e., menu from clicking on Windows Security icon in system tray) --> Device Security --> Core Isolation Details. System Guard should be default on, but it is not even listed as an option on my system. Secure Launch also is not listed under the System Summary tab of the System Information report.

Following Microsoft's reference materials, I have made more changes to group policies and the registry than I care to remember trying to activate System Guard. The best I could do is get System Guard to appear on the aforementioned screen, but it is greyed out in the off position and accompanied by the yellow notification that the setting is controlled by the Administrator.

I have reinstalled the OS countless times and swapped varying hardware trying to diagnose this problem, and I have made no progress. During my diagnosing efforts, I identified everything else you listed in your post.

I have been dealing with this problem for weeks. I have informed Dell of the issue, and they are no help. I can confirm that this does not appear to be a problem affecting all PCs. My personal Dell laptop with Win11 Home continues to indicate that System Guard is activated.

Hopefully my data point will help someone figure out what in the hell is going on.

EDIT: I installed Win 11 using multiple different USB drives, some were created using the windows media creation. Others were created by downloading an ISO from Microsoft and then using Rufus.

4. Brink Win User

Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not...

Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified

Source: Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified - Microsoft Tech Community - 376419

Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not... tipsmall.png
    Tip How to Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10

How to Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10

How to Verify if Credential Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

Thema:

1. Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not... - Similar Threads - Credential Guard VBS

2. Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not...: My Windows Version22H2OS Build 22621.2213, and this system i install newer update .Hello, thanks to read my Question.To be clearly, i didn't change any settings and it just popup in my event viewer every time. And the next message are bunch of LSA Warning with diffrent...
  3. Core Isolation, VBS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation, VBS: For 5-6 months i had those setting set to off on the photo. Should they stay always on, since i do read that people recommend it to be turned in. Will it affect gaming performance anyhow ?...
  4. Core Isolation, VBS

Core Isolation, VBS: For 5-6 months i had those setting set to off on the photo. Should they stay always on, since i do read that people recommend it to be turned in. Will it affect gaming performance anyhow ?...
  5. Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot

Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot: I have ~100 PCs on my network, all Dell Optiplexes running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. I recently swapped out ~30 of them with new Optiplex 7010s. Each of the new PCs would hang up on the Dell Logo screen on the first reboot after joining the domain. I narrowed the issue down...
  6. Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation: Hello, everyone!Can I add my service to Virtualization Based Security ?Now, it has Credential Guard and Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualization-based-security-vbs-device-guard/e6516c9a-20a7-40d8-9a1b-ff65894b8bb1
  7. Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation: Hello, everyone!Can I add my service to Virtualization Based Security ?Now, it has Credential Guard and Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualization-based-security-vbs-device-guard/e6516c9a-20a7-40d8-9a1b-ff65894b8bb1
  8. Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation

9. Windows 11 EVENT 15 Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 EVENT 15 Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the...: Hello.This error has occurred even on a fresh install of Windows 11, I cannot seem to fix this. Seems there is no solution online apart from disabling the log from Event Viewer.Now this is what's strange here, this is on Windows 11 Pro and apparently only the Enterprise...
  10. Windows 11 EVENT 15 Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the...

Windows 11 EVENT 15 Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the...: Hello.This error has occurred even on a fresh install of Windows 11, I cannot seem to fix this. Seems there is no solution online apart from disabling the log from Event Viewer.Now this is what's strange here, this is on Windows 11 Pro and apparently only the Enterprise...