Windows 10: Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...

Discus and support Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The hyperlinks do not have any merge fields, they simply link to later sections of the document. I've checked the links via F9 and they are identical.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MS please just work, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...

The hyperlinks do not have any merge fields, they simply link to later sections of the document. I've checked the links via F9 and they are identical. Why do the links break in the resulting merged documents? We are sending to hundreds of recipients, it's not a job we can copy/paste by hand. The hyperlinks allow faster navigation of a long document and need to be preserved. I'm genuinely baffled why formatting in MS documents continues to be such a nightmare. How can we fix this?

:)

MS please just work, Sep 6, 2023

2. Oppening Word doc from e-mail

Hi SasaD,

Sounds frustrating ... I open, use, and create Word docs all the time on my Windows Phone and would be lost without this capability.

Sounds like the Word doc might have been corrupted. I would suggest a test by creating a simple Word document on a computer and then email it to your phone. If that works, then ask the sender of the previous Word doc to try resending it. If it fails again,
    it would definitely be a corrupted doc (the desktop version of Office might be able to handle some corruption that the mobile version cannot).

At that point, I would suggest recreating the document that is causing the issue.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 6, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How can I create a link in a document and have it take me directly to where it is in the same document

H Djames1213,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

It depends on the type of document and the software you are using, some document types allow an internal link, while others do not.

What type of document are you creating and what software are you suing?

For example in Microsoft Word, you can use the steps on this link to create an internal link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...

DaveM121, Sep 6, 2023
  4. N.C. Win User

Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...

Windows 10 - Drag Drop Documents to Email or Word document and no context menu to Create Hyperlinks

I've been searching online on this for several days now and keep reading that this function is gone with Windows 10

With Windows 7 we could select multiple documents from a network drive right click drag to an email or word document you would get popup menu for move copy or create hyperlink here or cancel. On Windows 10 it does nothing no popup menu, just nothing.

Anyone know if there is KB or registry fix that changes this behaviour on Windows 10.

Now on Windows 10 64 bit

Office 2010 32bit, will be upgrading to 2016

Thanks

N.C., Sep 6, 2023
Thema:

Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...

1. Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail... - Similar Threads - Created Word doc

2. In word document my hyperlink is not blue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In word document my hyperlink is not blue: In my word document my hyperlink all of a sudden is no longer blue. How do I get my hyperlink back to blue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-word-document-my-hyperlink-is-not-blue/5aacef2e-44a0-41e2-98c7-5be10eb01e6f
  3. In word document my hyperlink is not blue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In word document my hyperlink is not blue: In my word document my hyperlink all of a sudden is no longer blue. How do I get my hyperlink back to blue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-word-document-my-hyperlink-is-not-blue/5aacef2e-44a0-41e2-98c7-5be10eb01e6f
  4. Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...: The hyperlinks do not have any merge fields, they simply link to later sections of the document. I've checked the links via F9 and they are identical. Why do the links break in the resulting merged documents? We are sending to hundreds of recipients, it's not a job we can...
  5. Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...

Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...: The hyperlinks do not have any merge fields, they simply link to later sections of the document. I've checked the links via F9 and they are identical. Why do the links break in the resulting merged documents? We are sending to hundreds of recipients, it's not a job we can...
  6. What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?: Hello everyone,I'm actually coding a little script that automates a weekly report to one of my client. The script opens my mail app and I just have to click send.I thought that using something like[...]body = "here's the <a...
  7. What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?

What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?: Hello everyone,I'm actually coding a little script that automates a weekly report to one of my client. The script opens my mail app and I just have to click send.I thought that using something like[...]body = "here's the <a...
  8. Create a document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create a document: Want to type/print/revise a document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-document/6bad3ec0-6560-4213-bced-e165d12b6d18"
  9. I am unable to open word doc or create word docs

I am unable to open word doc or create word docs: I am unable top open any Docs at all- it is like I have never had Widows 10 that is the only program I have ever had on the computer how can I fix it please? All updates and security are done...
  10. Can not find a document created with Word

Can not find a document created with Word: I am unable to find a document created with word, and downeloaded- saved as. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-find-a-document-created-with-word/3aa58d80-b8b4-4a29-9915-3d5cbefdf242"