Windows 10: Create Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; I can't seem to download Windows_Update_shortcut.zip, either in Edge or IE. It just opens a new tab on the forum list. Even if I right click and Save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by pricetech, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Create Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10

I can't seem to download Windows_Update_shortcut.zip, either in Edge or IE. It just opens a new tab on the forum list. Even if I right click and Save Target as ... although the status bar at the bottom of IE says the correct path: Windows 10 Forums

nigelmercier, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sorry about that Nigel. It should be working now. Please try again. *Smile

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Nope, I still get the forum list in Edge and IE11.

nigelmercier, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10

Odd. The download link for the shortcut is working for me. Are you clicking on the blue download button?

Here it is below though.

Windows_Update_shortcut.zip

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Thanks, that worked.

[Edit] Spoke too soon, the shortcut opens my Documents folder. WTF?

6. Sorry, see above *Sad

As I said, the shortcut opens my Documents folder.

%windir%\explorer.exe %localappdata%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings\en-US\AAA_SystemSettings_MusUpdate_UpdateActionButton.settingcontent-ms

OOOH! en-US I wonder [Edit] Nope.

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not sure, it still opens to Windows Update in Settings for me.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Create Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10

For future reference, it is also caused by disabled service: Distributed Link Tracking Client.
    Applies to problems opening Settings and other things, so many dependencies in 10. *Think

TairikuOkami, Jul 31, 2015
  9. kizo2703 Win User
    Finally *Thumbs i found the way to ''pin'' Windows Update to ''This PC'' right click:

Create Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Add 'Windows Update' Option to This PC.reg

Remove 'Windows Update' Option from This PC.reg

So, enjoy it.

kizo2703, Jul 31, 2015
  10. I am an idiot!

It should be en-GB, not en-UK.

Now working *Smile

nigelmercier, Jul 31, 2015
  11. elbmek Win User
    option 1 of windows update shortcut takes me to my file explorer?

elbmek, Aug 2, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Elbmek,

Since you do not have a US English Windows, you would first need to change the en-US folder for your language like in OPTION TWO. *Smile

Brink, Aug 2, 2015
  13. MSi GS70 Win User

Hello guys but
    I realised that win update icon disappeared from control panned .. ! I think nobody registered that ..
    And I'd like rather THIS windows update window (pic below) not win 8/10 style but classic style and cannot find it in c. panel how to get in there ?
    anybody has short cut for this ? i bet not *Smile

MSi GS70, Aug 5, 2015
  14. elbmek Win User
    go to settings security and updates

elbmek, Aug 5, 2015
  15. MSi GS70 Win User
    i think u not properly red my post !
    read it again and then come back and give me solution alright ? *Wink

MSi GS70, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Create Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Update Shortcut

2. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  3. create shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  4. Create shortcut to windows update on desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Create shortcut to windows update on desktop: Can't seem to find a way to do this. Anybody know? 5373
  5. Create This PC Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create This PC Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create This PC Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a This PC Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information My Computer was changed to This PC in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1. You would open File Explorer to view This PC. In Windows 10, File Explorer now opens...
  6. Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Connect Wireless Display and Audio Devices shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can connect a wireless display or Bluetooth audio device to your PC. Miracast is a wireless...
  7. Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Search Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files. One way is in File Explorer. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Search shortcut...
  8. Create Check for updates in Windows Update shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Check for updates in Windows Update shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Check for updates in Windows Update shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Check for updates in Windows Update shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft has made it easier for Windows Update to keep Windows 10 updated by automatically...
  9. Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Settings shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network & Internet,...
  10. Create Check for Updates in Store Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Check for Updates in Store Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Check for Updates in Store Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Check for updates in Store Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse...