Windows 10: Create Win 10 repair drive on USB hard drive?

Discus and support Create Win 10 repair drive on USB hard drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my new Win10 laptop with separate OS and Data drives, I want to create recovery / repair on a FAT32? hard drive partition rather than on a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WTomP, Aug 19, 2020.

1. WTomP Win User

Create Win 10 repair drive on USB hard drive?

On my new Win10 laptop with separate OS and Data drives, I want to create recovery / repair on a FAT32? hard drive partition rather than on a USB stick, and then store individual PC OS images in NTFS partitions on the same hard drive.

I have created a FAT32 32GB partition and 4 NTFS partitions on a 2TB USB HD, but am struggling to find which tools to use. I seem to be presented with presented with both Win10 and Win 7 windows and can only see how to create a OS ISO in Win 7 and the Win 10 Recovery Media Creator does not let me just store the OS drive

Help would be much appreciated on how to do this using the very latest Win 10 build

:)

WTomP, Aug 19, 2020
  2. LarrieM Win User

Reinstalling Win 10 to a replacement hard drive

I have an HP Pavilon desktop which I upgraded to WIN 10 from WIN 7. The hard drive is starting to fail with a BIOHD-8 error.Before the drive fails I would like to create a set of restore or recovery disks so I can buy a new one terabyte drive to replace
    the current 750 gig drive and reinstall the current version of Win 10. Will creating an ISO disk image work if I used a one terabyte external USB to create the image and then replaced the drive and copied the image back? I'd like to use a set of DVD to create
    an image or recovery drive so I wouldn't have to "waste" the external Hard drive. The steps in Control panel create a Windows System Repair Disk and a System Image but it says its for WIN 7. What am I missing? Seems that the system image created for DVDs (64
    bit) would occupy 14.37 gig or four DVDs.

Help

LarrieM, Aug 19, 2020
  3. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Creating a Recovery Drive on USB flash Drive

Hi,

Since it didn't work using a USB, we suggest that you try to create a Recovery Drive on an external hard drive and check if it will work. Some times using higher storage device like external hard drive can help in utilizing the files.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Create Win 10 repair drive on USB hard drive? - Similar Threads - Create repair drive

2. CREATE STARTUP REPAIR DRIVE WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CREATE STARTUP REPAIR DRIVE WIN 10: STARTUP REPAIR WIN 20 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-startup-repair-drive-win-10/2f125dee-4083-4ab5-8b30-d29ea460f052
  3. CREATE STARTUP REPAIR DRIVE WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CREATE STARTUP REPAIR DRIVE WIN 10: STARTUP REPAIR WIN 20 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-startup-repair-drive-win-10/2f125dee-4083-4ab5-8b30-d29ea460f052
  4. CREATE STARTUP REPAIR DRIVE WIN 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. can i create a win 10 repair drive on a win 11 pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can i create a win 10 repair drive on a win 11 pc?: can i create a win 10 repair drive on a win 11 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-create-a-win-10-repair-drive-on-a-win-11-pc/f78aec6c-b3c1-4bbd-bc2c-a09f86774af4
  6. can i create a win 10 repair drive on a win 11 pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i create a win 10 repair drive on a win 11 pc?: can i create a win 10 repair drive on a win 11 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-create-a-win-10-repair-drive-on-a-win-11-pc/f78aec6c-b3c1-4bbd-bc2c-a09f86774af4
  7. can i create a win 10 repair drive on a win 11 pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Excel Creates tmp files on USB drive and not on internal hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel Creates tmp files on USB drive and not on internal hard drives: When I open an Excel file stored on a USB drive, when I save this file it creates a .tmp file along with the saved file. When I open this same Excel file stored on my hard drive and save it, no .tmp file is created. When I try to delete the .tmp files off of the USB drive...
  9. hard drive/ Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive/ Win 10: I have an HP touch screen laptop with a bad hard drive and wanted to install a hard drive froma Toshiba with problems but a good hard drive. I want to remove everything that has to do with Toshiba from the hard drive and load Windows 10. I had tried the Toshiba hard drive and...
  10. Hard drive locked trying a Win 10 repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive locked trying a Win 10 repair: I have an ASUS laptop which came with Win 8, upgraded to Win 8.1 then upgraded to Win 10. Had a problem of rebooting unexpectedly. Restore did not help. Having problems getting a rescue disk to boot up ( ASUS bios is a bit odd to set up for CD/DVD boot ) so decided to do a...