Windows 10: "Create a pin" failure: "Oops, something went wrong..."

Discus and support "Create a pin" failure: "Oops, something went wrong..." in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My son has bought for me a laptop and Office, less than a month ago.It works Ok , but I am not able to create a pin. I have understood that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by arongold1947, Aug 25, 2022.

1. "Create a pin" failure: "Oops, something went wrong..."

My son has bought for me a laptop and Office, less than a month ago.It works Ok , but I am not able to create a pin. I have understood that this failure has further bad implicationsAfter "Sign in" I get the "Create a pin" page, but clicking on "Next" I get "Oops, something went wrong..." At the Laptop firm support, they were not able to solve the problem and told me to ask at Microsoft. Microsoft do help Windows buyers ? Could someone help me ?

:)

arongold1947, Aug 25, 2022
  2. JoanHall Win User

pin" instead of a password,"oops, something went wrong" and the same error code 0x000----

Every time I attempt to use a "pin" instead of a password, the computer locks up and I get a "oops, something went wrong" and the same error code 0x000----

OT:

Pin issue

JoanHall, Aug 25, 2022
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 25, 2022
  4. loftus49 Win User

"Create a pin" failure: "Oops, something went wrong..."

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

"Create a pin" failure: "Oops, something went wrong..."

1. "Create a pin" failure: "Oops, something went wrong..." - Similar Threads - Create pin failure

2. oops something went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    oops something went wrong: oops something went wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oops-something-went-wrong/651d9916-f048-460e-88d5-3efba7504c9a
  3. oops something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oops something went wrong: oops something went wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oops-something-went-wrong/651d9916-f048-460e-88d5-3efba7504c9a
  4. "Create a pin" failure: "Oops, something went wrong..."

"Create a pin" failure: "Oops, something went wrong...": My son has bought for me a laptop and Office, less than a month ago.It works Ok , but I am not able to create a pin. I have understood that this failure has further bad implicationsAfter "Sign in" I get the "Create a pin" page, but clicking on "Next" I get "Oops, something...
  5. Something went wrong with creating my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong with creating my pin: I’ve been having problems on my pc.I had a system update then sign me out of my computer then when I log in I need a new pin but when I try to create one it always says sorry try again later. I try to press skip but it goes to the same page it’s like a loop...
  6. Something went wrong with creating my pin

Something went wrong with creating my pin: I’ve been having problems on my pc.I had a system update then sign me out of my computer then when I log in I need a new pin but when I try to create one it always says sorry try again later. I try to press skip but it goes to the same page it’s like a loop...
  7. Verify account... "Oops something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify account... "Oops something went wrong": I keep getting a message saying there's something wrong with my account.It says I need to verify my identity by signing into my account......thenIs this just spam to get me to buy something at the store?...
  8. Oops, something went wrong

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Oops, something went wrong: So, I sent my laptop to the manufacturer to get a minor thing fixed, one motherboard later and I am reinstalling everything. When creating the user account it kept on saying "Oops, something went wrong", so I had to make a local account. I keep trying to link it after the...
  9. "Oops, something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Oops, something went wrong": Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again Every time I've tried to sign in to my new laptop windows gives this error. its completely updated. submitted by /u/NikoMcreary [link] [comments]...
  10. "Oops. Something went wrong."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Oops. Something went wrong.": Split from this thread. I HAVE AN OPPS PAGE THAT COMES UP CAN'T DO ANY THING REMOVE PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oops-something-went-wrong/824d398b-2755-4546-9080-79c8289336fd