Windows 10: CPU keeps going high

Discus and support CPU keeps going high in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so normally my CPU with a game would be normally 40-65% usage and now suddenly the game would be 40-80% along with when I open the task manager it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ahmed Elabboud, Jan 5, 2022.

1. CPU keeps going high

Hi, so normally my CPU with a game would be normally 40-65% usage and now suddenly the game would be 40-80% along with when I open the task manager it would give 20% usage so I'd be having no fps and everything would be slow. If I was doing nothing I would have 40% usage from Windows explorer and System in task manager. I've also recently kind of been hacked but I only lost a discord account. If the case is that the hacker added a file that could make my CPU be higher then I don't know what to do, but if anyone can help with the CPU problem then that would be amazing. My processor is an Inte

:)

Ahmed Elabboud, Jan 5, 2022
  2. Rick.T Win User

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Jan 5, 2022
  3. High CPU Usage in Windows 10 Version 1703

Hi,

There are programs that cause high CPU usage by creating multiple processes which consume resources on your computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you using a third-party software or program such as antivirus?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 5, 2022
  4. KBranigan Win User

CPU keeps going high

WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them

WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them listed in task manager. I looked online and can't find simple steps as I don't know what some actions are when people speak

KBranigan, Jan 5, 2022
Thema:

CPU keeps going high

1. CPU keeps going high - Similar Threads - CPU keeps going

2. High cpu processes until I go and see.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu processes until I go and see.: Chrome extensions, ms defender, windows update using high cpu in laptops All of my laptops ever. Now on this: IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz /Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050 ... Well 4-6-9 % per process but together they are heating enough. Not some malware or bitcoin...
  3. High cpu processes until I go and see.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu processes until I go and see.: Chrome extensions, ms defender, windows update using high cpu in laptops All of my laptops ever. Now on this: IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz /Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050 ... Well 4-6-9 % per process but together they are heating enough. Not some malware or bitcoin...
  4. High cpu processes until I go and see.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CPU keeps going high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU keeps going high: Hi, so normally my CPU with a game would be normally 40-65% usage and now suddenly the game would be 50-80% along with when I open the task manager it would give 20% usage so I'd be having no fps and everything would be slow. If I was doing nothing I would have 40% usage from...
  6. CPU keeps going high

CPU keeps going high: Hi, so normally my CPU with a game would be normally 40-65% usage and now suddenly the game would be 50-80% along with when I open the task manager it would give 20% usage so I'd be having no fps and everything would be slow. If I was doing nothing I would have 40% usage from...
  7. High cpu

High cpu: My high cpu goes to 100 and back down on windows 11 got this on windows 10 as well when I move the mouse it happened and when I a open a app after it while goes back down on the apps but if keep moving the mouse with the app stays at 100 when i stop it goes...
  8. High cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu: High cpu I get I followed all the steps online and still get it after a custom install was on windows 10 and I did a rest of the pc on 10 and 11 I created another post no one replied...
  9. High cpu

High cpu: High cpu I get I followed all the steps online and still get it after a custom install was on windows 10 and I did a rest of the pc on 10 and 11 I created another post no one replied...
  10. HIGH CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    HIGH CPU: MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN BURNING LATELY I TUNRED ON THE TASK MANAGER THEN I FOUND THAT MS EDGE AND CHROME WERE STILL RUNNING AFFTER IT WAS CLOSED AND EATING UP 30 % CPU ON EACH BROWSER HOW CAN CHROME AND MS EDGE TAKE THIS MUCH CPU EVEN AFFTER IT IS CLOSED I NEED A FIX RIGHT AWAY...