Windows 10: Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component...

Discus and support Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Issue Description: Facing issue in setting up and running SSIS in debug mode in VS2015 that can recognize 64-Bit C# custom components in Data Tools... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SAILANATHAN Balaji, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component...

Issue Description: Facing issue in setting up and running SSIS in debug mode in VS2015 that can recognize 64-Bit C# custom components in Data Tools Tool box. Created MyCustomComponent.dll by referencing below dlls. Took the dlls from 140\DTS\Binn Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap.dll Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSRuntimeWrap.dll Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS.dll Microsoft.SqlServer.PipelineHost.dll Added the MycustomComponent.dll into GAC using C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.6.2 Tools\x64\gacutil.exe Then, copied to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DT

:)

SAILANATHAN Balaji, Apr 8, 2024
  2. dalchina Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 295027d1598635022t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-3.png

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 295025d1598635022t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-1.png

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 295026d1598635022t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-2.png

dalchina, Apr 8, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User

Hi, FWIW, I found that Atlantis Word was already added to the Open With list for .pdf's - although it is incapable of opening them.
    (Is that so with Word?)

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 294993d1598626418t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-1.png

It did show in the Open With list, and when clicked stated it could not open the pdf except as a text file (or similar). I.e. it gave a sensible warning message.

I therefore chose to delete it from the Open With options for pdf. Why it was added I don't know.

In your case it seemed Word had been successfully added - you add an item, click to Save it, and then should see this confirmation:

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 294992d1598626389t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-2.png

Perhaps if a program not registered to handle an extension is added to the Open With list for that extension, it doesn't appear in the menu- would have to test that.

** Well, I tried adding Wordpad to the OW list for png, and it appeared in it, and attempted to open the file- garbage of course.

I wonder if Word might have appeared in the Choose another app list..

Example of a lot of options being presented (png)

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 294994d1598626787t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-untitled.png

dalchina, Apr 8, 2024
  4. Callender Win User

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component...

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 295391d1598876794t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-setuserfta.config-notepad.jpg

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 95392d1598876815t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-oemdefaultassociations.xml-notepad.jpg

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 295393d1598876890t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-open-.jpg

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 295394d1598876979t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-openwithadd_jarte.jpg

Result:

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... 295395d1598877008t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-openwithadd_jarte-2.jpg

Callender, Apr 8, 2024
Thema:

Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component...

1. Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component... - Similar Threads - please suggest list

2. Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could you please suggest the list of software needed to register and use a custom component...: Issue Description: Facing issue in setting up and running SSIS in debug mode in VS2015 that can recognize 64-Bit C# custom components in Data Tools Tool box. Created MyCustomComponent.dll by referencing below dlls. Took the dlls from 140\DTS\Binn...
  3. Could you please fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could you please fix this: I put my laptop in safe boot and when it restarted it said pin isn’t available and my cursor is laggy how can I make my laptop normal again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-you-please-fix-this/6834618b-7cd7-45d5-8806-fb65fe5413d6
  4. Could you please fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could you please fix this: I put my laptop in safe boot and when it restarted it said pin isn’t available and my cursor is laggy how can I make my laptop normal again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-you-please-fix-this/6834618b-7cd7-45d5-8806-fb65fe5413d6
  5. windows 10 need customize independent component

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 need customize independent component: I don't think windows 10 is walking the right way. Changed the speaker adjust from vertical to horizontal; moving things from control panel to settings. What is in mind, childish! Recently I got a used tablet, with windows 10 1709, no system recovery. The touch screen is...
  6. Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?: [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I'm editing a lot of hard copy documents that were scanned to .PDF, and using Word to do the editing. In 'My Documents' when I right-click the document, the Open with menu does not show Word in the initial list of suggested apps. I have to click...
  7. Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?: [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I'm editing a lot of hard copy documents that were scanned to .PDF, and using Word to do the editing. In 'My Documents' when I right-click the document, the Open with menu does not show Word in the initial list of suggested apps. I have to click...
  8. I could use your suggestions of a good backup software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I could use your suggestions of a good backup software: We all have our Horror Stories of losing data and I just had mine! I guess each drive has its own recycle bin and the one on my D drive got corrupted and so I had no choice but to wipe out all my data in order to fix the problem. I can re-create the data, but, it will just...
  9. I could use your suggestions of a good backup software

in Windows 10 Support
    I could use your suggestions of a good backup software: We all have our Horror Stories of losing data and I just had mine! I guess each drive has its own recycle bin and the one on my D drive got corrupted and so I had no choice but to wipe out all my data in order to fix the problem. I can re-create the data, but, it will just...
  10. Can you suggest a free explorer, please?!

Can you suggest a free explorer, please?!: I am looking for an explorer, which: 1. Allows to create favorites links. 2. Supports tab browsing. 3. It is updated regularly. SImple GUI and 64-bit would be nice, but that would be asking too much. I have looked over dozens of webpages, but I have not find...