Windows 10: Could Defender be preventing a program from running ?

Discus and support Could Defender be preventing a program from running ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The program SETDEFAULTBROWSER.EXE that I think is meant to open a Command Prompt window, when run, merely gives a brief flash so I get no opportunity... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Could Defender be preventing a program from running ?

The program SETDEFAULTBROWSER.EXE that I think is meant to open a Command Prompt window, when run, merely gives a brief flash so I get no opportunity to interact with it. Is that a likely/typical effect of defender objecting ? and if so, what are the steps to whitelist it there ?

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Could Defender be preventing a program from running ?

1. Could Defender be preventing a program from running ? - Similar Threads - Defender preventing program

2. Prevent Windows 7 backup from running if a program is open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows 7 backup from running if a program is open.: Hi all,I'm currently running Windows 7 backup daily on one of our PCs to back up data generated by a vendor software package. The vendor has informed me that if the backup runs while the software is open, it could cause issues with the software's access database. I have the...
  3. Prevent Windows 7 backup from running if a program is open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows 7 backup from running if a program is open.: Hi all,I'm currently running Windows 7 backup daily on one of our PCs to back up data generated by a vendor software package. The vendor has informed me that if the backup runs while the software is open, it could cause issues with the software's access database. I have the...
  4. Prevent Windows 7 backup from running if a program is open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Defender preventing apps from running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender preventing apps from running: Split from this thread.sometime window defender not running google apps like chrome etc. they show a pop up by message we don't allow this app what's the reason am using window 10 pro...
  6. Error "ucrtbase.dll was not found" preventing multiple programs from running.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error "ucrtbase.dll was not found" preventing multiple programs from running.: Multiple programs do not work because of an error "the code execution cannot proceed because c:\windows\system32\ucrtbase.dll was not found". I've looked through the forums but none of the fixes work. I've tried redownloading the file in question but I am repeatedly denied...
  7. How do I prevent programs from running at startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent programs from running at startup?: It seems some programs just want to start up no matter what. I have disabled them in Task Manager startup manager, deleted them from the startup folder ("shell:startup"), and deleted all of their task scheduler tasks, and they still start up. There are many programs like...
  8. A program is preventing from shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A program is preventing from shutdown: One program is preventing from shutdown it was not visible clearly at it disappears in seconds, in safe mode it was fine.this problem occurs after removing some default windows software from power shell i have restored all of them through power shell command still the problem...
  9. Remote Desktop is preventing program runs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop is preventing program runs: Hello, I have a computer setup where users remotely connect from their windows 10 device to another windows 10 device to run a testing program. originally the remote computers were windows 7. Users were able to start a test run and lock their local computer and the remote...
  10. Prevent program from "phoning home"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent program from "phoning home"?: (EDIT - Sincere apologies to admin for putting this in the wrong category. Am proper poorly with flu so can't think straight. Thank you for moving.) Dell XPS 15 9560 - Windows10Home This problem is probably nothing to do with Win10, but it's the OS I'm using so I'm...