Windows 10: Copilot button keeps disappear from my windows taskbar

Discus and support Copilot button keeps disappear from my windows taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiCopilot button keeps disappear from my windows taskbar and taskbar setting. I have reinstalled windows twice, trying to fix it, and the problem still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jianmin, Jun 29, 2024.

1. jianmin Win User

Copilot button keeps disappear from my windows taskbar

HiCopilot button keeps disappear from my windows taskbar and taskbar setting. I have reinstalled windows twice, trying to fix it, and the problem still exists. After each reinstallation, button was back, and it works fine. Few days later it disappeared again.Today the button is back without me doing anything, but it opens edge instead of copilot.I live in Australia and windows is newest version. But my laptop was purchased in China when I traveled there. I reinstalled English version of windows pro 11.Thanks, and best regards.

:)

jianmin, Jun 29, 2024
  2. Aoh Haley Win User

Copilot on Taskbar disappears

Copilot on the Taskbar has disappeared. Is there a way to get the Copilot preview back pinned to the Taskbar as before?

Aoh Haley, Jun 29, 2024
  3. Mark Kehn Win User
    Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened

Whenever I click the Copilot icon in the taskbar, after Copilot opens my taskbar disappears. The easiest way for me to fix that is to go into the Taskbar Settings and into its behavior section and toggle the auto-hide taskbar on and off. I always have auto-hide set to off but after the taskbar disappears, I just toggle this to get it back.

Is anyone else having this issue with the taskbar disappearing after Copilot is opened? Even after I close the Copilot window the taskbar remains hidden.

Mark Kehn, Jun 29, 2024
  4. Mark Kehn Win User

Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened

Hello Abdullah,

I did as you asked but the taskbar still disappeared after I clicked on the Copilot icon to open it up. Once again, I had to toggle the auto-hide taskbar option to get it back. I almost mentioned it the first time, but I am running with two monitors. My main monitor is where I clicked the Copilot icon and opened it and it is also where my taskbar disappears. The taskbar remains visible on my second monitor if that means anything.

EDIT: Just for the heck of it I tried launching Copilot from the second monitor instead; but because the Copilot window/sidebar cannot be physically moved to the second monitor, Copilot still opened on the main monitor and the taskbar on the main monitor disappeared again. /Shrug.

This isn't a game-breaker or anything, but I like always having my taskbar visible - the auto-hide setting annoys me - pops up when I don't mean for it to do so and not pop up when I expect it to. I guess until they get around to looking into this, I will just have to deal with it, but I don't really foresee myself using Copilot much anyway. So, I'm good, I guess.

EDIT AGAIN: I forgot that the Snipping Tool has been upgraded last year and allows screen recording now, so I made a screen recording you can watch to see this in action. I uploaded the 10.1mb video clip to my OneDrive and anyone can (should) be able to view it by clicking this link below.

Copilot Causing Taskbar to Disappear - Snipping Tool Recording 2023-09-30 201633.mp4

Mark Kehn, Jun 29, 2024
Thema:

1. Copilot button keeps disappear from my windows taskbar - Similar Threads - Copilot button keeps

2. The copilot app has disappeared from my taskbar..

in Cortana
    The copilot app has disappeared from my taskbar..: The copilot app has disappeared from my taskbar. Everything was working fine till Wednesday and next day app has disappeared from the right bottom corner . Now I can only use Copilot in a browser but not as app on my PC.I have tryied to uninstal app and install again but...
  3. The copilot app has disappeared from my taskbar..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The copilot app has disappeared from my taskbar..: The copilot app has disappeared from my taskbar. Everything was working fine till Wednesday and next day app has disappeared from the right bottom corner . Now I can only use Copilot in a browser but not as app on my PC.I have tryied to uninstal app and install again but...
  4. The copilot app has disappeared from my taskbar..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copilot button keeps disappear from my windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot button keeps disappear from my windows taskbar: HiCopilot button keeps disappear from my windows taskbar and taskbar setting. I have reinstalled windows twice, trying to fix it, and the problem still exists. After each reinstallation, button was back, and it works fine. Few days later it disappeared again.Today the button...
  6. Copilot on Taskbar disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot on Taskbar disappears: Copilot on the Taskbar has disappeared. Is there a way to get the Copilot preview back pinned to the Taskbar as before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copilot-on-taskbar-disappears/9ba2d174-0283-4717-9596-8abf070cbb70
  7. Copilot on Taskbar disappears

Copilot on Taskbar disappears: Copilot on the Taskbar has disappeared. Is there a way to get the Copilot preview back pinned to the Taskbar as before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copilot-on-taskbar-disappears/9ba2d174-0283-4717-9596-8abf070cbb70
  8. Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened: Whenever I click the Copilot icon in the taskbar, after Copilot opens my taskbar disappears. The easiest way for me to fix that is to go into the Taskbar Settings and into its behavior section and toggle the auto-hide taskbar on and off. I always have auto-hide set to off but...
  9. Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened

Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened: Whenever I click the Copilot icon in the taskbar, after Copilot opens my taskbar disappears. The easiest way for me to fix that is to go into the Taskbar Settings and into its behavior section and toggle the auto-hide taskbar on and off. I always have auto-hide set to off but...
  10. application keeps disappearing from my taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    application keeps disappearing from my taskbar: I have pinned a .exe file to my taskbar and it seems like every time I log on and off my computer and try to launch it from the taskbar it says the file has been moved or changed, I then have to launch it from the folder it is in, seems like the app's cache is also deleted...