Windows 10: Convert work laptop to personal

Discus and support Convert work laptop to personal in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I am trying to change my old work laptop so I can use it at home. My old employer didn’t want it back, so I tried to reinstall windows, but I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lillr, Aug 16, 2023.

1. lillr Win User

Convert work laptop to personal

Hello I am trying to change my old work laptop so I can use it at home. My old employer didn’t want it back, so I tried to reinstall windows, but I am still being asked to log in with my work email which no longer exists. The IT department have said they cannot help. Seems a waste to have a perfectly good laptop I cannot actually use.

:)

lillr, Aug 16, 2023

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Aug 16, 2023
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 16, 2023
  4. Convert work laptop to personal

Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Aug 16, 2023
Thema:

Convert work laptop to personal

1. Convert work laptop to personal - Similar Threads - Convert laptop personal

2. Changing a laptop from work to personal use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing a laptop from work to personal use: Hi,I was given my former work laptop so that I can use it for personal purposes. After it was all wiped out I tried to set it up as a new one and its asking for a work account or school account, but I want it for personal use. What do I need to do?...
  3. How do I to convert a work computer to a personal computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I to convert a work computer to a personal computer?: I am trying to convert my old work computer into a personal computer and am running into trouble. I have tried downloading a fresh windows, deleting all prior partitions, and fully cleaning the disks through disk part and no matter what, once the new windows setup boots up...
  4. How do I to convert a work computer to a personal computer?

How do I to convert a work computer to a personal computer?: I am trying to convert my old work computer into a personal computer and am running into trouble. I have tried downloading a fresh windows, deleting all prior partitions, and fully cleaning the disks through disk part and no matter what, once the new windows setup boots up...
  5. Convert work laptop to personal

Convert work laptop to personal: Hello I am trying to change my old work laptop so I can use it at home. My old employer didn’t want it back, so I tried to reinstall windows, but I am still being asked to log in with my work email which no longer exists. The IT department have said they cannot help. Seems a...
  6. Turn work or office laptop into personal laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn work or office laptop into personal laptop: I worked for a startup and they provided me with a laptop. However, they changed their business and moved to other country and they asked me to keep the laptop myself. I do not have the company email address to login and there are no IT guys of the company etc as they...
  7. Turn work or office laptop into personal laptop

Turn work or office laptop into personal laptop: I worked for a startup and they provided me with a laptop. However, they changed their business and moved to other country and they asked me to keep the laptop myself. I do not have the company email address to login and there are no IT guys of the company etc as they...
  8. Turn work or office laptop into personal laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Onn 2 in 1 Convertible laptop not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onn 2 in 1 Convertible laptop not working: Hi there. I have an Onn 2 in 1 convertible laptop that I purchased from Walmart about a year ago. I have never had any issues with it, but yesterday my laptop suddenly crashed, showing me a blue screen with a : sad face on it. It said it needed to restart and I let it do its...
  10. personal laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    personal laptop: So working from home, my work IT installed some new software, anti virus etc. on my surface pro. They breezed through some of the security/privacy questions when setting it up, i did not have much input...and again, this is a personal device i previously owned which i can...