Windows 10: Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

Discus and support Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have been gradually deploying Windows 11 within our environment and have run into an issue with the control panel. We deploy self service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jake Robbins, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

We have been gradually deploying Windows 11 within our environment and have run into an issue with the control panel. We deploy self service application installs via GPO with User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installations. On Windows 10 it works just fine every time, though it seems pretty inconsistent on Windows 11 computers. When you open Control Panel > Get Programs, control panel will hang then close completely. Sometimes it will open fine on the first try, other times control panel will crash and you have to try 3-5 times for it to open properly to

:)

Jake Robbins, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

1. Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs - Similar Threads - Control Panel Explorer

2. Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs: We have been gradually deploying Windows 11 within our environment and have run into an issue with the control panel. We deploy self service application installs via GPO with User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installations. On Windows 10 it works...
  3. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  4. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  5. Control Panel will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  6. Cannot open unistall a program in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open unistall a program in control panel: Dont need to uninstall a program but seems now I cannot even open uninstall a program? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-unistall-a-program-in-control-panel/087844c1-ddb6-455e-80ac-2f39d136415e
  7. RuntimeBroker.exe crash when opening Control Panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RuntimeBroker.exe crash when opening Control Panel: Hi, I have tried every possible solution I could find, such as: sfc/ scannow, reinstall from scratch Windows 10 Pro (version 1909, OS build 18363.476, all updates for drivers and applications, without success. The same recurring error listed below keeps showing up at Event...
  8. Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.: For some reason when i go to control panel and click on Uninstall a program nothing happens. I restarted my PC and the problems still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-uninstall-a-program-in-control-panel/06f37371-74b3-45a5-9092-8df42687f92f
  9. Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes: Not sure when this issue arrised but i tried to adjust my sound devices today going to start>control panel and the screen blinks while explorer refreshes...? I did an SFC /SCANNOW and it found some corruption and repaired it. I rebooted and same problem. Did a virus...
  10. cant open file explorer, control panel...

in Windows 10 Support
    cant open file explorer, control panel...: Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor So, I was lucky enough to get a new monitor and new pc the other day; a dell xps 8700, and for purposes of this discussion, the video card set up is a intel hd graphics 4600 board, and a Nvidia GTX745, with 4 gigs of ram. The...