Windows 10: Continually having to restart Windows Explorer.

Discus and support Continually having to restart Windows Explorer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get the issue where I can't left- or right-click on objects in the taskbar. I know I have to restart this pesky application in order to resolve the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thom Sloan, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Continually having to restart Windows Explorer.

I get the issue where I can't left- or right-click on objects in the taskbar. I know I have to restart this pesky application in order to resolve the issue, but I am having to restart numerous times during a browsing session or when trying to perform tasks, such as opening anything on the start menu. I can't even get any response from mousing over the item in my quick launch or start menu. Is there a more permanent fix than restarting Windows Explorer every time it quits responding?

:)

Thom Sloan, Feb 6, 2021

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Continually having to restart Windows Explorer.

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Continually having to restart Windows Explorer. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Continually having to restart Windows Explorer.

1. Continually having to restart Windows Explorer. - Similar Threads - Continually having restart

2. “Windows need to restart to continue”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Windows need to restart to continue”: I just got my pc today, and I build it up perfectly, I was be able to go into Bios, but when I trying to install windows 11 using the win 11 USB, it just keep repeatedly “ windows need to restart to continue”. But when I restarted it, it didn’t continue the process, I had to...
  3. Windows continuously restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows continuously restarts: I have a Dell AIO desktop running Windows 10 21H1 19043.1288. Recently it started to restart itself when I click on shut down. That is, it would shutdown, then immediately restart itself. Only way to prevent this is to unplug the computer.Suggestions?Mike T in VA...
  4. Windows continuously restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows continuously restarts: I have a Dell AIO desktop running Windows 10 21H1 19043.1288. Recently it started to restart itself when I click on shut down. That is, it would shutdown, then immediately restart itself. Only way to prevent this is to unplug the computer.Suggestions?Mike T in VA...
  5. Windows continuously restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Keep having to restart windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep having to restart windows explorer: Every once in a while some aspects of my laptop start lagging. When I use the volume/brightness buttons they change but it takes a while for the actual bar to show up on screen. If I try alt-tabbing or using the start or search features they take a while to respond. The only...
  7. WINDOWS EXPLORER despite ALL fixes I still have to continually restart windows explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS EXPLORER despite ALL fixes I still have to continually restart windows explorer: Ho all. newbie here so IF i get replies English please...LOL OK as said every time i start win10 home V1903 64 bit with 6GB ram 4.96 free running on Acer laptop Aspire with NO licence as its built in I cant search in cortana, nor use start, and cant right click in taskbar....
  8. Windows explorer crashing and restarting continuously on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer crashing and restarting continuously on startup: Hello This afternoon I had my laptop standing by itself for maybe half an hour, when I got back to it, it had restarted and now when I log on it gets maybe 2 seconds into starting up whatever programs are set to start up, and then Windows Explorer crashes, the screen goes...
  9. Windows 10 continuously restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 continuously restarting: After entering my password on my laptop I get a message that states "Your PC will automatically restart in one minute. Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart. You should close this message now and save your work." It continues to restart over and over. How can I...
  10. Windows 10 continuously restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 continuously restarting: I reset my laptop on 22nd June and it is resetting since then.. It is showing 'Installing Windows' and it is continously restarting and showing the same thing for the last few days I can't even open my home screen to reinstall Windows 10 cleanly please help me to solve this...