Windows 10: Constant Critical Process Died BSOD

Discus and support Constant Critical Process Died BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get these random critical process died BSOD when I'm doing random things -- watching a movie or playing a video game. It happens during internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by junzy, Sep 27, 2015.

1. junzy Win User

Constant Critical Process Died BSOD

I get these random critical process died BSOD when I'm doing random things -- watching a movie or playing a video game. It happens during internet browsing as well. Please help.

:)

junzy, Sep 27, 2015

2. Constant BSOD (Critical Process Died) errors after Windows 10 update (version 1607)

I have the exact same problem, consistent bluescreens whenever, but only if, the computer is idling unused. Usually within 30 minutes of no mouse activity (onscreen video or audio activity does not prevent it).

Also almost always Critical Process Died, but sometimes Kernal Data Inpage Error or Unexpected Store Exception.

Dumps are never created, never progressing beyond 0%

All normal checks (chkdsk, memory, sfc) report no errors.

The problem persisted after performing a (keep personal files) system refresh.

No Nvidia or Adobe software installed.

There is one exception to the only when idling rule. I can consistently cause this blue screen if the optimize phase of disk defrag is triggered, usually during, but sometimes within minutes of it completing.

Disabling the disk defrag scheduled task does not prevent it.

Interestingly, the solution for me was to install a newer version of the Realtek Netlink driver than what was available/installed by windows update/driver manager automatically.

Firerouge42, Sep 27, 2015
  3. JazzN Win User
    Constant BSOD (Critical Process Died) errors after Windows 10 update (version 1607)

Although I do not wish this upon other people I am glad I found your post. I am having the exact problem you have. I will try removing adobe acrobat and see if it helps. Have you had any recurrence?

What did you do with Nvidia bundle in the end? Were you able to keep it?

My computer is freezing randomly with critical process died, UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION or KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR. Sometimes the video/audio just freezes with noise while watching Netflix. Already
    uninstalled Kaspersky and changed my GTX970 from dual to single monitor. Still happening.

What use will my computer be if I had to uninstall everything I have?!

JazzN, Sep 27, 2015
  4. blueelvis Win User

Hi junzy & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I just checked your ZIP file and there is no trace for a dump file. I see that you are running CCLeaner. Kindly do not run it since it deletes the dump files and can cause system instability if you don't know what you are doing.

Kindly wait for another set of BSODs to generate the dump file and then run the Log File Collector and attach it with your next post *Smile

Let me know how it goes ^_^

-Pranav

blueelvis, Sep 27, 2015
  5. junzy Win User
    Ah okay. Thanks for letting me know. I'll reply when I get one!

junzy, Sep 27, 2015
  6. jaihaur2 Win User
    Hi good evening, I have a similar problem. I could not see the error codes, but all i gather was that the BOSD was due to CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Kindly refer to the zip file attached below.

Help greatly appreciated.
    Attachment 39943

jaihaur2, Sep 27, 2015
  7. blueelvis Win User
    Hi Jaihaur2 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Kindly create a new topic and follow the instructions below -
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

-Pranav

blueelvis, Sep 30, 2015
  8. jaihaur2 Win User

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have taken my laptop apart, reseated the battery and ssd, and did some cleanup of the dusty internals. So far so good no BSOD yet. *fingers crossed* In any case, I will follow the instructions and repost if necessary. Thanks again! =)

-Jia Haur

jaihaur2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant Critical Process Died BSOD - Similar Threads - Constant Critical Process

2. Constant BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD Critical Process Died: Within the last month I have had constant BSOD with the error message if Critcial Process Died. No data is collected. In minidump file. At first it was every hour or so. In a week, the intervals have shortened. Now i cannot even have my PC on for 10 minutes without BSOD. Ends...
  3. Constant BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD Critical Process Died: Within the last month I have had constant BSOD with the error message if Critcial Process Died. No data is collected. In minidump file. At first it was every hour or so. In a week, the intervals have shortened. Now i cannot even have my PC on for 10 minutes without BSOD. Ends...
  4. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. BSoD Critical process died

BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. im getting constant bsod critical process died

im getting constant bsod critical process died: helloi have been getting bsod for a long time now and its mosstly the error code of Critical process died i use my pc normaly then all of sudden i get bsod and then i go boot my pc again and do normal things until i get another onei tried many solution nothing worked but i...
  10. Constant Bsod "Critical Process Died"

Constant Bsod "Critical Process Died": Hello, recently my PC started to Blue screen with the Critical Process Died error. Sometimes It blue screened every few hours, or every 5 minutes, now it blue screens within a minute of booting up. at one point it said I had no boot drive I have tried using the SFC /scannow...