Windows 10: Constant crashes&BSODs on MS Surface Pro 3: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support Constant crashes&BSODs on MS Surface Pro 3: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been using my Surface Pro 3 now for >3 days and through numerous meetings and also reading and surfing a lot on it while running on battery and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mmo, Jan 5, 2016.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Constant crashes&BSODs on MS Surface Pro 3: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I have been using my Surface Pro 3 now for >3 days and through numerous meetings and also reading and surfing a lot on it while running on battery and didn't have to witness a single BSOD any more, so I dare to declare this issue as being resolved. *Dinesh
    Thanks a lot to lifetec for pointing me into the right direction! Without your help I would have had to reinstall my system and to waste countless hours. HIGHLY appreciated! I owe you! *cake

Cheers,
    Michael

2. lifetec Win User

Great to hear.
    Please could you set the thread to solved.

lifetec, Jan 20, 2016
  3. bat400 Win User
    This also solved a similar set of problems for me (restarts hanging, shut down hanging, first ever BSOD on my Surface Pro 3 with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE). I found I couldn't uninstall the pen settings driver without the power lead attached to the surface.

Thanks to both of you for persevering with this one!

Al

bat400, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Constant crashes&BSODs on MS Surface Pro 3: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I'm sorry, I looked through the posts and followed the instructions, uninstalled surface pen and surface pen settings in device manager, re-booted and then installed the SurfacePro3_Win10_151026_2.msi file as listed on the first page and the driver for surface pen is still showing: Attachment 61084

What am I missing? Did I install the incorrect driver package?

mookieperez, Jan 26, 2016
  5. MMO
    mmo Win User
    I had to uninstall the Surface Pen Entry under Bluetooth and two more under Human Interface Device (Surface Pen and Surface Pen Settings). The last one gave me a hard time as it refused to uninstall (would hang forever). I tried all in all probably >10 times (several time as first thing after a system reboot) and finally it was gone. After that another reboot (to verify that none of the above re-appeared "spontaneously") and only then I re-installed the latter two from the SP3 drive package.
    That did the trick for me and since then I have no more issues with the pen (except that it is now running out of battery and it is difficult to get a AAAA battery here in Switzerland. I had to *order* one! But that's a different story...).

YMMV...

Good luck!

Thema:

Constant crashes&BSODs on MS Surface Pro 3: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

1. Constant crashes&BSODs on MS Surface Pro 3: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - Constant crashes&BSODs Surface

2. Constant BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,I have recently performed a an upgrade on my PC, detailed below. About 3 minutes after logging in to Windows, I get a BSOD with a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. This happens each time I boot the PC, leaving me with very little time to troubleshoot. The only time it...
  3. Constant BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,I have recently performed a an upgrade on my PC, detailed below. About 3 minutes after logging in to Windows, I get a BSOD with a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. This happens each time I boot the PC, leaving me with very little time to troubleshoot. The only time it...
  4. Constant BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  6. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  7. MS Surface Laptop 3 - Recurring BSOD

MS Surface Laptop 3 - Recurring BSOD: Hi all, A Surface laptop bought in Oct is now crashing 2 or 3 times a day while working. There don't seem to be any recurring circumstances, but it has been particularly noticeable when MS Word O365 desktop app crashes. I can't seem to find a fix for this in any of the...
  8. Constant BSOD MS Surface Pro 7 Tablet

Constant BSOD MS Surface Pro 7 Tablet: I started getting BSOD 20th June 2020 after I did a Win 10 update. This is on my MS Surface Pro 7 tablet, it did not affect my Win10 desktop. I am in Australia and purchased the Tablet direct from Microsoft in January. I ran the Win10 update on 22nd June and this did not...
  9. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  10. surface pro 3

surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f