Windows 10: Constant BSOD after updates installed (ky.sys)

Discus and support Constant BSOD after updates installed (ky.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop is a HP ProBook 450 G3 w/ 8GB RAM installed. After installing updates, it constantly BSOD's unless it's in safe mode. I've tried doing a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brendens, Mar 17, 2016.

1. brendens Win User

Constant BSOD after updates installed (ky.sys)

Laptop is a HP ProBook 450 G3 w/ 8GB RAM installed. After installing updates, it constantly BSOD's unless it's in safe mode. I've tried doing a clean boot and it still crashed so I imagine it's probably a driver or something.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Also, the report might be in French (french laptop) but basically all the technical words are the same so it shouldn't cause any problems but if you need a translation on anything let me know!
    Attachment 70047

*EDIT* I downloaded Windbg with the symbols for windows 10 and took a look at the dump myself. Turns out that HP's HD Webcam Driver is notoriously problematic when Skype is launched. I updated the webcam driver with a default driver and everything seems to be running fine.

:)

brendens, Mar 17, 2016
  2. TommyYap Win User

Neither pin nor Microsoft account password access work on my ASUS F555L laptop after 5-10-2017

This does not help. I've been getting issues after a forced update on my pc today. Constant BSOD and FREEZING. I tried to do a FRESH INSTALL with the Media Creation Tool and I'm still getting CONSTANT BSOD DURING INSTALLATION.

MICROSOFT THIS IS A PROBLEM YOU'VE CREATED NOW FIX IT!

TommyYap, Mar 17, 2016
  3. blue screen

i keep getting constant bsod on my windows 10 laptop.

So i installed a different windows 10 but i still get the occasional bsod

Ive observed its mostly after i do a windows update..

please help

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

cherubimwarlord, Mar 17, 2016
  4. JordLevy Win User

Hey man,

I think I have the same laptop as you, with the same dodgy driver.

Can you take me through the steps to resolve the dodgy driver?

Cheers and TIA,

Jord

JordLevy, Apr 2, 2016
  5. brendens Win User
    Here's the steps, I'll add screenshots if possible. I'm not using that laptop, but the steps are identical.

1. Open device manager and find the HP Webcam, on my screenshot it'll be different.

Attachment 72754

From there right-click on the webcam and click "Update Driver Software..."
    Attachment 72755

Click on "Browse My Computer for the Driver Software"
    Attachment 72756
    Then, "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    Attachment 72757
    On the next screen, you're going to choose the driver. You'll have two options, the first being something regarding HP Webcam and the other being a default selection. Select the default and click "next". This laptop doesn't have the option but here's what it looks like
    Attachment 72758

After clicking next, the driver will be installed. At this time, I recommend reinstalling Skype just in case but everything should be fine. Basically HP's driver is notoriously bad on Windows 10 machines. Luckily, the webcam can work without HP's driver, and replacing the driver with the system default is a nice workaround.

Hope this helps!

brendens, Apr 2, 2016
  6. TerryF Win User
    Brendan = I just wanted to thank you because twice now your post has helped me resolve an integrated webcam issue with skype when on both occasions the skype online support was unable to help (they were rubbish in fact).

First time after running an update was BSOD on trying to open skype, the most recent was my cam not opening on skype after running an update (the integrated cam light came on to show it was on but in the skype cam screen it was just black with the rotating white circle).

I did a regular update of drivers which didn't help then I remembered and found your BSOD posting and tried that which has also resolved this latest problem (the cam worked fine in the app "skype preview" but not the regular skype.

So thank you!

TerryF, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant BSOD after updates installed (ky.sys) - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD updates

2. Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys": I've recently started having issues with this particular file. Device manager tells me everything is fine, windows is up to date, all my hard drives are in top shape. I've run image file and sfc a bazillion times and nothing seems to have gone wrong with it, I've also scanned...
  3. Constant BSOD after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD after clean install: Hi AllI am getting constant BSOD's every couple of hours, sometimes the PC crashes without a blue screen. I have done a clean install of windows with the same issues persisting, as well as replacing the motherboard and running Memtest which shows 0 issues. these are usually...
  4. Constant BSOD after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD after clean install: Hi AllI am getting constant BSOD's every couple of hours, sometimes the PC crashes without a blue screen. I have done a clean install of windows with the same issues persisting, as well as replacing the motherboard and running Memtest which shows 0 issues. these are usually...
  5. Constant BSOD after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Constant Bsod after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Bsod after clean installation: Hello everyone, I am getting constant bsod after I completed installation of windows 10. Just when everything is being set up i am getting blue screen saying CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, due to which I am unable to enter the desktop. Before this i had blue screen for MEMORY...
  7. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004: Hello, I have a Asus P5E3 Premium ACPI Bios Revision 003 with a Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ9450 Yorkfield, LGA775 . the system disk is mounted in sata 0 raid thanks to the system integrated into the motherboard.La carte est équipée d'un kit hyperX 2 x 1 Go de DDR3-SDRAM...
  8. Constant BSOD after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant BSOD after clean install: I just recently did a clean install and now I am getting non-stop BSODs with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED but no specific driver mentioned. Before I did the clean install I had zero crashes but other issues were happening. Every once in a while in the last few months I would...
  9. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004: My friend borrowed me his "old" laptop MSI GS63VR 6RF Stealth Pro to play some games with him mine is too bad. As always I installed new GPU drivers and checked for windows updates and the laptop worked fine. Yesterday I started the last one windows 10 version 2004 and...
  10. BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files

BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files: Hi, For the last 3 weeks, my computer has been randomly BSODing. The time frame is anywhere from 1 minute to 45 minutes between BSODs. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7569 2-in-1. I tried updating all drivers (Dell & Intel) and nothing helped. I reformatted the...