Windows 10: Connecting to internet causing BSOD/Cannot install internet driver.

Discus and support Connecting to internet causing BSOD/Cannot install internet driver. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought new motherboard and cpu, reinstalled windows, but without internet drivers somehow, it didnt happen before. I tried to install Intel driver,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by betonomochalka, Oct 7, 2024 at 4:27 PM.

1. Connecting to internet causing BSOD/Cannot install internet driver.

I bought new motherboard and cpu, reinstalled windows, but without internet drivers somehow, it didnt happen before. I tried to install Intel driver, from usb drive. I did install bluetooth and wifi drivers properly and it works, but when I tried to install network drive - I saw BSOD. I tried to pull eth cable out and install driver and it worked, but everytime I insert it back - I see BSOD.specs:cpu - i5 13600kfmotherboard - msi z790 edge wifi ddr4gpu - rtx 3090ram - 2x kingston fury beast ddr4 2400 8Gbit

:)

betonomochalka, Oct 7, 2024 at 4:27 PM
  2. Anna Bol Win User

Internet connection causes computer to loose power.

Hello Cliff,

An outdated network adapter can be one possible reason for this.
    To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • How are you connected to the internet? Is it via Ethernet cable or is it wirelessly connected?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

To help us diagnose the cause of this error, we would suggest that you follow these steps:

Step 1: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. To boot into safe mode, kindly follow the steps on this link.

Step 2: If issue does not persist in safe mode, we suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check which third party application driver is causing the issue.

Follow the steps on this link to
    perform a clean boot.

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

3. Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 7, 2024 at 4:28 PM
  4. Connecting to internet causing BSOD/Cannot install internet driver.

Internet connection

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience with access internet connection after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please follow the bellow troubleshooting steps and check if fixes the issue.

Step 1:
    Use Internet Connection Troubleshooter when the connection drops.

Internet Connection Troubleshooter
    find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Uninstall your network driver and try installing latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.

To uninstall drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manger.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    • Download the latest Network driver from the manufacturer website and install it.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 7, 2024 at 4:28 PM
Thema:

Connecting to internet causing BSOD/Cannot install internet driver.

1. Connecting to internet causing BSOD/Cannot install internet driver. - Similar Threads - Connecting internet causing

2. Connecting to internet causing BSOD/Cannot install internet driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to internet causing BSOD/Cannot install internet driver.: I bought new motherboard and cpu, reinstalled windows, but without internet drivers somehow, it didnt happen before. I tried to install Intel driver, from usb drive. I did install bluetooth and wifi drivers properly and it works, but when I tried to install network drive - I...
  3. Connecting to internet causing BSOD/Cannot install internet driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to internet causing BSOD/Cannot install internet driver.: I bought new motherboard and cpu, reinstalled windows, but without internet drivers somehow, it didnt happen before. I tried to install Intel driver, from usb drive. I did install bluetooth and wifi drivers properly and it works, but when I tried to install network drive - I...
  4. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to internet: My wi fi is on.I cannot connect to internet.Spectrum said it's not them.I get these messages:This site can't be reached.server ip cannot be found.I get this on my laptop and desktop.The DNS server might be unavailable.Rexently I put Windows 11 on laptop....
  5. Cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to the internet: From today my laptop has been showing this problem, it shows that it is connected to the wifi, but none of the browser or the app are connecting, i tried to renew my ip address but it says 'no operation can be performed on local area connection while it has its media...
  6. Cannot Connect To Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Connect To Internet: Hey all, so I just got done switching windows over to my SSD and everything seemed to be ok until I realized I couldn't connect to my wifi, the only option that shows up is ethernet. I use a little USB dongle that lets me connect to our wifi and it just refuses to work even...
  7. Connecting to the internet causing BSOD/Crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to the internet causing BSOD/Crashes: I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 on a new PC. As soon as i install the wifi card or connect an ethernet cable and connect to the internet, i get a BSOD with the fault: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. I have tried pretty much everything to get it up and running...
  8. Cannot connect to the internet

Cannot connect to the internet: My laptop will not connect to my internet. Ive went into the network and internet settings but it only lets me go into airplane mode and when Itried troubleshooting it said nothing was wrong....
  9. Cannot connect to the Internet

Cannot connect to the Internet: Hello. I've been having issues with my PC, and recently it's been getting severe. I got my Alienware pc from a friend. I don't know much about it, but it's about 6 years old. It is using Windows 10. In the past, it would occasionally lose connection to the internet (not...
  10. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Cannot connect to internet: Hi I have installed Hyper-V with an external virtual network switch following the tutorial and then installed windows 7 and all is fine except that I cannot connect to the internet. Is there some kind of a setting to activate in order to enable that? When I look at network...