Windows 10: Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3

Discus and support Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my Dell laptop to the LG Ultrafine 5K monitor via Thunderbolt 3 cable. The connection at first is seemingly fine and both powers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tdey1618, Dec 7, 2022.

1. tdey1618 Win User

Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3

I am trying to connect my Dell laptop to the LG Ultrafine 5K monitor via Thunderbolt 3 cable. The connection at first is seemingly fine and both powers the laptop and projects the PC to the monitor, but does not stay that way. After a few minutes the screen flickers and I will get intermittent mounting/unmounting of the screen as if it is trying to reinstall the driver for the device, much like if I was to plug/unplug a USB device constantly. I have tried two cables at this point, so I am certain it's not the issue. I have checked that it's not a driver issue. In settings it says that they are

:)

tdey1618, Dec 7, 2022
  2. jnfoot Win User

LG UltraFine 5K - Windows 10

Is there a way to use the LG UltraFine 5K monitor with a windows pc which does not have a thunderbolt 3 port. I know the monitor is only thunderbolt 3 input, but I have a friend who is thinking of getting one but we are unsure how to get it all working. Is there an adaptor for HDMI to Thunderbolt 3? I would assume most Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI are not bi-directional. Anyone already accomplish this, and if so, what kinds of cables and/or adaptors did you use?

jnfoot, Dec 7, 2022
  3. TW1369 Win User
    MacBook Pro running Windows 10 boot camp with Thunderbolt 3 and LG Ultrafine 5k display not working

I have a 2017 Macbook Pro with Thunderbolt 3 running Windows 10 Professional most up to date version in Boot Camp environment ("bare metal" not a VM)

I have an LG Ultrafine 5k display connected with a Thunderbolt 3 cable.

I can not get the display to work correctly in Windows 10 (works fine on Mac OS side)

When plugged in, the display will flicker a lot and I continually get errors about "USB device not recognized" over and over, as if the display is being constantly plugged in and out.

Windows Event Viewer does not show any errors with GPU or graphics drivers.

Thanks!

TW1369, Dec 7, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

LG Announces the UltraFine 5K and UltraFine 4K Monitors

LG Electronics (LG) is introducing two new displays designed specifically to integrate seamlessly with the newest MacBook and MacBook Pro models. The new UltraFine 27-inch 5K display and its 21.5-inch 4K display from LG are ideal for creating an expanded work space in the home or office and the perfect complement for MacBook and MacBook Pro users who desire expansive, high-quality resolution at all times.

Designed and optimized for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt 3 running macOS 10.12 and later, the stunning 27-inch UltraFine 5K display appeals to a range of creatives, including video and photography professionals. With a breathtaking resolution of 5120 x 2880 and 218 pixels per inch (ppi), the color reproduction capabilities of the UltraFine 5K display allow it to cover 99 percent of the P3 color space. What's more, the monitor's advanced IPS display technology minimizes color shift and color loss from any viewing angle, ensuring that users see the original content as it was meant to be seen.

Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3 132a_thm.jpg

Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3 132b_thm.jpg

As the world's first 5K display with Thunderbolt 3, LG's UltraFine 5K display has the capability to receive and transfer 5K video, audio and data from the new MacBook Pro while simultaneously charging it through a single Thunderbolt 3 cable. The UltraFine 5K display features three downstream USB Type-C ports for additional connectivity and power with compatible accessories. Seamless macOS integration enables brightness and volume control like built-in display without the need for physical buttons on the display.

The front-facing camera and microphone works with FaceTime and high fidelity integrated speakers enhanced by LG's Rich Bass feature completes the multimedia experience while a height and tilt-adjustable stand maximizes user comfort.

21.5-Inch UltraFine 4K Monitor
    With a density of 219ppi that gives this display the ability to present sharp 4K resolution (4096 x 2304) image quality, the UltraFine 4K display is the perfect companion for the MacBook while also supporting the new MacBook Pro. The 21.5-inch model covers 99 percent of the P3 spectrum, boasting vibrant brightness levels and an IPS panel capable of providing more uniform color expression. Featuring USB Type-C connectivity for video, data and power over a single cable and macOS integration for display control, the LG UltraFine 4K display offers three downstream USB Type-C slots, a high-quality Rich Bass Speaker and an adjustable stand for enhanced ergonomics.

"We are excited to be introducing two highly advanced displays capable of meeting the needs of even the most demanding Mac users," said Brian Kwon, president of LG Home Entertainment Company "Not only do these UltraFine displays offer stunning picture quality, they will usher in a new age of connectivity, helping creative users achieve optimal efficiency in their homes, studios or offices."

The LG 21.5-inch UltraFine 4K display will be available starting in November while the LG 27-inch UltraFine 5K model will be available in early December starting in the United States.

btarunr, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3 - Similar Threads - Connecting Ultrafine Monitor

2. LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working: I have a LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B monitor attached via Thunderbolt to a Dell Precision 3580 laptop. The monitor itself is working as expected, displaying things at a full 5K resolution. The webcam is not. Device Manager does not show the camera and apps that use a camera...
  3. LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working: I have a LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B monitor attached via Thunderbolt to a Dell Precision 3580 laptop. The monitor itself is working as expected, displaying things at a full 5K resolution. The webcam is not. Device Manager does not show the camera and apps that use a camera...
  4. LG UltraFine 5K 27MD5KL-B webcam with Dell Precision 3580 not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3

Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3: I am trying to connect my Dell laptop to the LG Ultrafine 5K monitor via Thunderbolt 3 cable. The connection at first is seemingly fine and both powers the laptop and projects the PC to the monitor, but does not stay that way. After a few minutes the screen flickers and I...
  6. Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3

Connecting LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor to Windows 10 Dell Laptop via Thunderbolt 3: I am trying to connect my Dell laptop to the LG Ultrafine 5K monitor via Thunderbolt 3 cable. The connection at first is seemingly fine and both powers the laptop and projects the PC to the monitor, but does not stay that way. After a few minutes the screen flickers and I...
  7. Need driver for LG 5K Monitor

Need driver for LG 5K Monitor: I'm using an LG 5K monitor in a fresh install of Windows 11 on an Intel Beast Canyon with an i9. I've seen it in 5K mode but can't get it to show 5K on this install even though all the drivers seem up to date and I'm using a Thunderbolt 4 connector. I've tried using the...
  8. MacBook Pro running Windows 10 boot camp with Thunderbolt 3 and LG Ultrafine 5k display not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MacBook Pro running Windows 10 boot camp with Thunderbolt 3 and LG Ultrafine 5k display not...: I have a 2017 Macbook Pro with Thunderbolt 3 running Windows 10 Professional most up to date version in Boot Camp environment ("bare metal" not a VM) I have an LG Ultrafine 5k display connected with a Thunderbolt 3 cable. I can not get the display to work correctly in...
  9. Using LG Ultrafine 5k with Windows 10

Using LG Ultrafine 5k with Windows 10: Hi My partner and I both have a Dell Latitude 7490 from our different employers. Either of us have admin rights, but given my partner works for a bank, I'm sure his is 'locked' down more. We want to use the LG Ultrafine 5k screen we have at home when working from home....
  10. LG UltraFine 5K - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    LG UltraFine 5K - Windows 10: Is there a way to use the LG UltraFine 5K monitor with a windows pc which does not have a thunderbolt 3 port. I know the monitor is only thunderbolt 3 input, but I have a friend who is thinking of getting one but we are unsure how to get it all working. Is there an adaptor...