Windows 10: Computer wont let me open anything what can i do?

Discus and support Computer wont let me open anything what can i do? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer has been having this issue for a while where it won’t let me open anything not wifi,settings, a task bar, or anything downloaded. the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Evyn11, Oct 8, 2024 at 4:47 PM.

1. Evyn11 Win User

Computer wont let me open anything what can i do?

My computer has been having this issue for a while where it won’t let me open anything not wifi,settings, a task bar, or anything downloaded. the only things that open are any startup things like spotify but they wont work and the way I fix this is by hard resetting my computer then it works fine but after a couple days it goes back to not working. Ive hard reset it 3 times now and i want to know if i’m gonna have to keep doing that or if there’s another fix

:)

2. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 8, 2024 at 4:53 PM
  3. Sign in Options wont Open

Build version: 14393.693

I would like to add pin as a sign in method,

but this problem did'n encounter very often

It usually be normal after I restart the windows

Computer wont let me open anything what can i do? 9db8c2d4-1cde-4c99-aa50-357274e1daab.png

I have been following this instruction, but seems like nothing is solved

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Redirecting

I also encounter these problem :

Bima Satria, Oct 8, 2024 at 4:53 PM
  4. Computer wont let me open anything what can i do?

Tiles wont open

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as Windows apps are not working in Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: I suggest you to Run Microsoft Account Troubleshooter and check.

Link: Microsoft Account troubleshooter

Step 2: I would suggest run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue still persists then,

Step 3: You may disconnect the email id associated with the Microsoft account and associate that email id with the Local account. Once this is done the Local account which is working fine would now become
    the Microsoft account.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not working”).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.
    • Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.
    How to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 8, 2024 at 4:53 PM
Thema:

Computer wont let me open anything what can i do?

1. Computer wont let me open anything what can i do? - Similar Threads - Computer wont let

2. Computer wont let me open anything what can i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont let me open anything what can i do?: My computer has been having this issue for a while where it won’t let me open anything not wifi,settings, a task bar, or anything downloaded. the only things that open are any startup things like spotify but they wont work and the way I fix this is by hard resetting my...
  3. What do I do if my computer literally won’t let me do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do if my computer literally won’t let me do anything: I tried to login to my computer yesterday and all it showed was a black screen with a cursor. So I watched a few videos on what I could do and I tried many things like installing windows on another usb and downloading it from there wouldn’t let me, resetting my computer...
  4. What do I do if my computer literally won’t let me do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do if my computer literally won’t let me do anything: I tried to login to my computer yesterday and all it showed was a black screen with a cursor. So I watched a few videos on what I could do and I tried many things like installing windows on another usb and downloading it from there wouldn’t let me, resetting my computer...
  5. What do I do if my computer literally won’t let me do anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. my computer just popped up a virus and my screen wont let me do anything what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer just popped up a virus and my screen wont let me do anything what do i do?: my computer just popped up a virus and my screen wont let me do anything what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-just-popped-up-a-virus-and-my-screen/c98d7d18-29be-483c-92d6-bd1eeb1ba2ec
  7. my computer just popped up a virus and my screen wont let me do anything what do i do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my computer just popped up a virus and my screen wont let me do anything what do i do?: my computer just popped up a virus and my screen wont let me do anything what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-just-popped-up-a-virus-and-my-screen/c98d7d18-29be-483c-92d6-bd1eeb1ba2ec
  8. My screen is gliching and wont let me do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My screen is gliching and wont let me do anything: I was watching youTube and my screen started to glitch then I closed the YouTube tab i still had a tab called roblox open when I closed the youtube tab it wouldn't let me do anything is just stuck glitching...
  9. Virus wont let me boot or do anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus wont let me boot or do anything: So i accidentaly installed a virus on my laptop then I ran both AVG and Avast to check for virus in the computer it said that all threats had been removed, then i reboot my laptop and it froze while booting so i ran the Windows Resoution and i checked the disk at cmd now...
  10. Windows wont let me do anything due to a virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wont let me do anything due to a virus: Hello, I had recently gone to install a game on my laptop but accidentally clicked on an ad instead and downloaded a virus called "Word Web". I tried deleting it off my hard drive but it still kept showing up. One day I booted up my laptop and found that it had started...