Windows 10: Computer shuts down when I press sleep

Discus and support Computer shuts down when I press sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cade G, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Cade G Win User

Computer shuts down when I press sleep

My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every single time and it’s getting annoying having to wait 30 minutes just to use my pc. My desktop has been running fine until I installed Adobe CC and started using Illustrator and Photoshop. I don’t know if they have anything to do with it but it’s weird timing. Whenever I open up Illustrator it says that it crashed, I already lo

:)

Cade G, Jun 28, 2023
  2. Slions Win User
    Slions, Jun 28, 2023
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 28, 2023
  4. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Jun 28, 2023
Thema:

Computer shuts down when I press sleep

1. Computer shuts down when I press sleep - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. when i press sleep mode the computer shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i press sleep mode the computer shut down: when i press sleep mode the computer shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-sleep-mode-the-computer-shut-down/c17c8b5c-e0b4-4250-b11b-c2c5a20a1d86
  3. when i press sleep mode the computer shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i press sleep mode the computer shut down: when i press sleep mode the computer shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-sleep-mode-the-computer-shut-down/c17c8b5c-e0b4-4250-b11b-c2c5a20a1d86
  4. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  5. Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.: My laptop has been working fine since forever but after the last updates,It has just gotten into a habit of shutting down unless I keep any key pressed.Once it shuts down/Sleeps...any long press fixes the issues and it comes back to life,However it only stays awake if I...
  6. Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.

Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.: My laptop has been working fine since forever but after the last updates,It has just gotten into a habit of shutting down unless I keep any key pressed.Once it shuts down/Sleeps...any long press fixes the issues and it comes back to life,However it only stays awake if I...
  7. Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  9. Computer does not shut down when I press the power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer does not shut down when I press the power button: Hey So I have set the options to shut down when I press the power button from power option, system settings but when I press the power button, nothing happens. Can anyone give me a solution to this?...
  10. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...