Windows 10: Computer randomly locks up and I can't interact with anything unless I force reboot my PC

Discus and support Computer randomly locks up and I can't interact with anything unless I force reboot my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes I will be on my computer and randomly my whole computer appears to be frozen aside from me being able to move my mouse. I can't click into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Niko Bustos, Sep 3, 2024.

1. Computer randomly locks up and I can't interact with anything unless I force reboot my PC

Sometimes I will be on my computer and randomly my whole computer appears to be frozen aside from me being able to move my mouse. I can't click into any applications but I hear them all running in the background if they have sound. I can't open up task manager or ctrl-alt-delete when my PC is in this state. I have to click the reboot button on my PC to force restart. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Niko Bustos, Sep 3, 2024

2. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Sep 3, 2024
  3. xXTenXx Win User
    PC Randomly Reboots

Just recently, my PC started to randomly reboot, to start it was once every other day, and know every few minutes.
    Any suggestions to rectify this problem would be greatly appreciated.

xXTenXx, Sep 3, 2024
  4. pepanee Win User

Computer randomly locks up and I can't interact with anything unless I force reboot my PC

Random Auto-Locking of Computer Screen

Nobody suggested checking out Event Viewer? When your computer randomly locks, search for, and open: Event Viewer Under Windows Logs, Check out: • Application • Security, and • System See if you can find something that states anything that could be related to your computer locking. The newest events are listed at the top of each section, so finding an event log would be pretty easy to find. Hopefully we can find what is causing the computer to lock.

pepanee, Sep 3, 2024
Thema:

Computer randomly locks up and I can't interact with anything unless I force reboot my PC

1. Computer randomly locks up and I can't interact with anything unless I force reboot my PC - Similar Threads - Computer randomly locks

2. Computer randomly locks up and I can't interact with anything unless I force reboot my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly locks up and I can't interact with anything unless I force reboot my PC: Sometimes I will be on my computer and randomly my whole computer appears to be frozen aside from me being able to move my mouse. I can't click into any applications but I hear them all running in the background if they have sound. I can't open up task manager or...
  3. PC crashed and can't interact with anything anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashed and can't interact with anything anymore.: I was playing a game when my PC crashed. Now when I boot my PC I can't interact with anything on my desktop. When I click on anything it simply doesn't open....
  4. PC crashed and can't interact with anything anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashed and can't interact with anything anymore.: I was playing a game when my PC crashed. Now when I boot my PC I can't interact with anything on my desktop. When I click on anything it simply doesn't open....
  5. Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot: I have been having this issue for about a month now. Seemingly randomly, i get this while playing games, browsing the web, switching tabs, etc. my main monitor will turn black, and my system will freeze the rgb on my ram also stops. Sometimes it stutters a couple times when...
  6. Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot: I have been having this issue for about a month now. Seemingly randomly, i get this while playing games, browsing the web, switching tabs, etc. my main monitor will turn black, and my system will freeze the rgb on my ram also stops. Sometimes it stutters a couple times when...
  7. Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I can't reboot my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reboot my computer: So two days ago I was using my computer during a very strong wind and the power got shut down because of the wind. When I wake up and start up my computer and do what I usually do like log in and use computer but when I log into my desktop my stuff wasn't there it just show...
  9. I can't reboot my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't reboot my computer: So two days ago I was using my computer during a very strong wind and the power got shut down because of the wind. When I wake up and start up my computer and do what I usually do like log in and use computer but when I log into my desktop my stuff wasn't there it just show...
  10. Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to: This has been happening for about a week. version is 2004 build 19041.423 powercfg -requests shows: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None. EXECUTION: [PROCESS]...