Windows 10: Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

Discus and support Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brostradamas, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure to boot, I told it to exit without changing anything and it went right back to failure to boot. When trying to boot it was not making the familiar mechanical sounds that it does when powering on. I told it to load optimized defaults and reboot, and it finally came too.I'm trying to figure out why it happened. To my knowle

:)

Brostradamas, Jul 8, 2022
  2. Darkleoco Win User

Computer refuses to boot

All of a sudden after opening up my computer to remove one of my ram sticks to check the timings on it after replacing it and powering on from a cold start my computer will not boot and does not show any picture on the screen, it starts up with all of the fans going but then it shuts off after 10-15 seconds, what troubleshooting steps should i take???

*Cry :cry:

Darkleoco, Jul 8, 2022
  3. Naby Win User
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Naby, Jul 8, 2022
Thema:

Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

1. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot - Similar Threads - Computer randomly crashed

2. Computer refusing to boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer refusing to boot up: I'm not exactly the most technological person, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Something on my computer popped up and said that I needed a hard drive update, so I updated it, and now my computer is absolutely refusing to boot up. I tried resetting it, choosing...
  3. Computer refusing to boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer refusing to boot up: I'm not exactly the most technological person, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Something on my computer popped up and said that I needed a hard drive update, so I updated it, and now my computer is absolutely refusing to boot up. I tried resetting it, choosing...
  4. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot: My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure...
  5. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot: My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure...
  6. Computer refusing to boot normally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer refusing to boot normally: My computer is refusing to boot. Whenever it gets to the Windows logo screen the loading icon starts to lag then eventually freezes. I can boot into safe mode but not into normal Windows. If it matters, I'm running Windows 10 Build 2004. My CPU is a Ryzen 3 2200G, and my GPU...
  7. Computer refuses to boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer refuses to boot up: Last night I was working on homework whenever my HP laptop decided it needed to restart itself out of the blue. When it restarted and tried to updat, the update failed and then it stuck me in the automatic repair loop. I HAVE to get my work done before Tuesday or I’ll drop a...
  8. Computer refuses to boot into Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer refuses to boot into Windows.: I will have to recap my entire situation: Apparently a week ago there was a power outage, as my PC (still functional at that time) was still on. As I turned on my PC, it would never boot into windows, but instead send me to the bios, where I was suggested to play around...
  9. Computer refuses to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer refuses to boot: My computer turns on and then reboots before it gets to the windows boot screen and continues doing that until it is shut down. Before that I had a BSOD and then it restarted and started automatic repairs. It rebooted and there is the problem it does not boot. The BSOD said...
  10. Refusal to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refusal to boot: I first tried to install Windows 10 to a new ssd in a system with a hard drive that already has windows 8.1 on it. After the install it booted to the flash drive that had the install on it again. I removed that and it failed to boot. I cannot select the ssd in the boot device...