Windows 10: Computer occasionally bluescreening

Discus and support Computer occasionally bluescreening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the past week, my personal computer has been occasionally blue screening with stop codes: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, and most recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cameron J., Nov 25, 2023.

1. Computer occasionally bluescreening

For the past week, my personal computer has been occasionally blue screening with stop codes: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, and most recently DRIVER_IRQ:_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. These usually happen in "bursts" where it blue screens after it restarts from the previous one, usually in a couple minutes. Once it occurs again, it fails to boot up for a while. When I'm able to start it up again it states, "The system BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempts." and gives me the option to open the BIOS setup. I have scanned my Local Disk for any errors and it states that there aren't any. I am

:)

Cameron J., Nov 25, 2023

2. Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes

I get occasional bluescreens on my laptop. Past stop codes have been DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. The most common one though is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It crashes, but stays on 0% and doesn't create a dump file.

I can't find any pattern to it. It's happened while using word, vscode, chrome, and also while doing absolutely nothing. Sometimes I'll be watching a YouTube video when it crashes, and the video gets frozen on top of a part of the bluescreen. I've attached the dmp files and msinfo32.

OneDrive

Stroopwafel_Falafel, Nov 25, 2023
  3. bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 25, 2023
  4. Computer occasionally bluescreening

Bluescreen during browsing webpage

there is auto windows update for 2018-10 cumulative update for windows 10, and kaspersky internet security auto updated to 19 version, few day later after update it give bluescreen of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when
    browsing internet webpage. Then I try to update the Realtek network card driver, but it did not solve the problem and
    now new bluescreen message is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I had tried the troubleshooting steps but it still the same thing happen when I browse webpage.

lambdaalbert, Nov 25, 2023
Thema:

Computer occasionally bluescreening

1. Computer occasionally bluescreening - Similar Threads - Computer occasionally bluescreening

2. Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files: Hi,I'm having occasional bluescreens for several months with different bluescreen codes like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, etc. This usually happens when I'm using CPU/GPU intensive programs like 3D games...
  3. Computer occasionally bluescreening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer occasionally bluescreening: For the past week, my personal computer has been occasionally blue screening with stop codes: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, and most recently DRIVER_IRQ:_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. These usually happen in "bursts" where it blue screens after it restarts from the previous one,...
  4. Computer occasionally bluescreening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer occasionally bluescreening: For the past week, my personal computer has been occasionally blue screening with stop codes: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, and most recently DRIVER_IRQ:_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. These usually happen in "bursts" where it blue screens after it restarts from the previous one,...
  5. Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes

Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes: I get occasional bluescreens on my laptop. Past stop codes have been DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. The most common one though is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It crashes, but stays on 0% and doesn't create a dump file.I can't find any pattern to it....
  6. Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes: I get occasional bluescreens on my laptop. Past stop codes have been DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. The most common one though is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It crashes, but stays on 0% and doesn't create a dump file.I can't find any pattern to it....
  7. Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer is randomly crashing and the occasional bluescreen.

Computer is randomly crashing and the occasional bluescreen.: My pc has been randomly crashing and a few times Ill get the blue screen of death saying a critical process died. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-randomly-crashing-and-the-occasional/3ec25e94-2d67-4583-9af4-c3cbaac707d5
  9. Occasional Memory Managment bluescreens

Occasional Memory Managment bluescreens: Hello everyone, For a few months now I've been having problems with Memory Managment bluescreens. At first the bluescreens would happen when downloading or installing something on my HDD. So I assumed the HDD was broken and stopped using it. But the bluescreens kept...
  10. Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.: I have no idea where to start with this issue. All I know is that my computer will rarely crash and restart itself and when I go to check the reliability report in the action center, the only information it gives me is that "Windows shut down unexpectedly". I don't get a blue...