Windows 10: Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

Discus and support Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Earlier today my pc crashed, upon restarting my computer booted from my hard drive rather than my ssd, showing old files, wallpapers etc. When looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andy2878, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Andy2878 Win User

Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

Earlier today my pc crashed, upon restarting my computer booted from my hard drive rather than my ssd, showing old files, wallpapers etc. When looking on device manager, my ssd can be seen by my pc, however when looking in file explorer there is nothing to be seen. Is there any solution other than wiping my ssd and using a fresh windows install as I would like to keep my files if possible.Thanks

:)

Andy2878, Nov 6, 2023
  2. DanielMcG Win User

Windows won't boot, doesn't recognise hard drive

Hello,

I am trying to boot up my Dell PC, but it keeps coming up with a BOOT error, 0xc000014c.

The PC keeps trying restart itself. When I do a diagnostics check, it doesn't recognise the hard drive being there, so fails this test. Assuming this is the issue as to why it won't boot up.

Any suggestions how to rectify this?

Daniel

DanielMcG, Nov 6, 2023
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Nov 6, 2023
  4. Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

Hard drive not recognised

Computer has 2 drives a SSID that that it boots from and a internal hard drive. It doesn't recognise that hard drive on file explorer. Disk management shows the disc as there but unknown and not initialised with a red arrow. Disc contains data that
    I don't want to overwrite.

How do I restore the recognition?

markleigh1, Nov 6, 2023
Thema:

Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

1. Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive - Similar Threads - Computer longer recognises

2. Hard drive no longer boots, cant repair windows, but it recognises a previous installation...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive no longer boots, cant repair windows, but it recognises a previous installation...: So i suffered a bunch of hardware failures, had to replace motherboard and ram, but the hard drive also appears to have been effected. i put it in a secondary laptop and was able to copy files across as backup.Next i treid to repair via windows media on usb, but it said i...
  3. Hard drive no longer boots, cant repair windows, but it recognises a previous installation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive no longer boots, cant repair windows, but it recognises a previous installation...: So i suffered a bunch of hardware failures, had to replace motherboard and ram, but the hard drive also appears to have been effected. i put it in a secondary laptop and was able to copy files across as backup.Next i treid to repair via windows media on usb, but it said i...
  4. Hard drive no longer boots, cant repair windows, but it recognises a previous installation...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive: Earlier today my pc crashed, upon restarting my computer booted from my hard drive rather than my ssd, showing old files, wallpapers etc. When looking on device manager, my ssd can be seen by my pc, however when looking in file explorer there is nothing to be seen. Is there...
  6. Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive: Earlier today my pc crashed, upon restarting my computer booted from my hard drive rather than my ssd, showing old files, wallpapers etc. When looking on device manager, my ssd can be seen by my pc, however when looking in file explorer there is nothing to be seen. Is there...
  7. External Hard Drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive not recognised: I have a brand new micrsoft surface and I cannot for the life of me get it to recognise my external hard drive. I read a similar post which required an input of a drive letter which seemed like what i needed to do, however i cannot click on the "change drive letter and...
  8. Iomega Hard Drive not Recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Iomega Hard Drive not Recognised: My Iomega Hard Drive which has been working on my home network for over 5 years is not seen by either of the two pc's running Windows 10 since January 2020. I am therefore unable to access to save or view any media. Can you advise please?...
  9. Computer no longer recognizes hard drives.

Computer no longer recognizes hard drives.: Computer froze and i had to do a "hard reboot" and now won't load. Can get to DOS prompt when couldn't do system repair or restore and now system cannot find either hard drive....
  10. Hard Drive Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Not Recognised: I have a Dell Inspiron with a SSD 128GB and an HDD 1TB. I am not technically knowledgeable, but have been able to run all diagnostics I can trace regarding my issue. The HDD is no longer visible in File Explorer. I have run an F2 and an F12 diagnostic from the Dell boot...