Windows 10: Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

Discus and support Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been going on for close to a month now. Seemingly randomly my screens will go black and my fans will start to spin super fast. I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinTaylor###, Jun 29, 2024 at 9:48 PM.

1. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

This has been going on for close to a month now. Seemingly randomly my screens will go black and my fans will start to spin super fast. I'm using Windows 10, and I can hear the sound from whatever game I was playing finish. I end up having to push the power button for 3 seconds to turn it all the way off, then back on again. It doesn't seem to accept any input either. Here's what I've tried so far:Updated all driversUpdated Windows Reinstalled WindowsInstalled new boot driveInstalled new RAMInstalled a known workign GPUDisconnect other drives besides boot driveLimiting GPU powerDisable fast bo

:)

KevinTaylor###, Jun 29, 2024 at 9:48 PM

2. Monitor is going black or distorted white randomly

I have a LCD monitor on my computer. Randomly, the monitor will either go completely black (as if powered off, and the power light turns off) or it will get a distorted frozen white screen (like how your smartphone would look if you dropped it in a toilet and tried to turn it on). Not too surprising, I have not dropped this 21 inch monitor in a toilet. The only way I can get the monitor to work again is by unplugging it and plugging it back in

I'm pretty sure that it is just a dead monitor that needs to be replaced, but a friend suggested that it might just be the power cord, since the monitor will work (like it is now) for hours on end, then suddenly start randomly not working. It's worth checking out, but before dropping money on a new monitor (if it isn't the power cord), can anyone confirm (or strongly suggest) that it is not a CPU issue or video card? Or maybe someone has seen this before?

Steven Rayback, Jun 29, 2024 at 9:49 PM
  3. anaron Win User
    Primary monitor randomly goes black

Got a monitor issue. Looked at other posts about this issue be could not find anything addressing my issue. Over the past few months, my primary monitor randomly (no pattern to the issue) goes black but the led shows it to still be working. Secondary monitor is working. Only way to get the primary back is to reboot the computer. I tried reversing the DVI-D cable but no luck, primary still goes black. Regardless of which monitor is set to primary, that is the monitor that goes black. The monitor set as secondary never goes black. Any ideas?

4. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Jun 29, 2024 at 9:49 PM
Thema:

Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

1. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown - Similar Threads - Computer Monitors Black

2. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown: This has been going on for close to a month now. Seemingly randomly my screens will go black and my fans will start to spin super fast. I'm using Windows 10, and I can hear the sound from whatever game I was playing finish. I end up having to push the power button for 3...
  3. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown: This has been going on for close to a month now. Seemingly randomly my screens will go black and my fans will start to spin super fast. I'm using Windows 10, and I can hear the sound from whatever game I was playing finish. I end up having to push the power button for 3...
  4. Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random: I am working off of a laptop and have a second monitor to extend my displays. I have been using this set up for two years now and have not had a problem until last night. It seems that my attached monitor only main monitor on laptop is not affected will go black for a few...
  5. Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random: I am working off of a laptop and have a second monitor to extend my displays. I have been using this set up for two years now and have not had a problem until last night. It seems that my attached monitor only main monitor on laptop is not affected will go black for a few...
  6. Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart: My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome. I noticed this started happening after the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter was removed in version 1809. My NVIDIA...
  8. extended monitor going black randomly

extended monitor going black randomly: Hello I have a problem that is very stressful for me. After Windows 10 update (before update log in screen wasn't blurred, now i have version 1903) my extended monitor (samsung C27F390) started to blink black screen. I have this problem only on my extended monitor. I...
  9. Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.: So I've had this random freeze crash for a while now. It happens entirely at random, sometimes while I'm gaming and sometimes just while I'm sitting on my desktop with nothing open. The biggest annoyance is that I recently just wiped my hard drive and completely reset my...
  10. Monitors go black but computer remains on

Monitors go black but computer remains on: I have just had a problem where both my monitors went black all of a sudden, (this is not a cable/connection issue) I have been having similar problems recently where I would get display driver driver crashes where my monitors would go off but then come back on, this time...