Windows 10: Computer having BSODs when playing certain games

Discus and support Computer having BSODs when playing certain games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm looking for help on this issue I've been having these last few days. I own a gaming laptop, I've had it for almost 4 years now and despite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aseb21, Jun 14, 2023.

1. aseb21 Win User

Computer having BSODs when playing certain games

Hello, I'm looking for help on this issue I've been having these last few days. I own a gaming laptop, I've had it for almost 4 years now and despite being a low-end machine it has always worked perfectly, both on recent releases even some games where my computer doesn't quite meet the minimum requirements and online multiplayer games; it has never once BSODed before and has only very rarely freezed completely or required a hard restart. This weekend however, I started playing Apex Legends, and for some reason my computer crashes and restarts after only 20-30min of playing. I also started pl

:)

aseb21, Jun 14, 2023

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 14, 2023
  3. Yeast™ Win User
    My computer crashes when playing certain games

Hi!

When i play certain games (Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc.) after a set amount of time (tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game) all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer completely restarts without shutting off (aka every hardware part keeps going, but the OS restarts). I have no clue why this is happening, my I.T. and programming teachers suggested that it might be my motherboard, but i haven't checked yet and my annoyance is starting to grow even more. Does anibody have ani suggestions or tips that could help me, or is there anyone with the same or a similar situation?

Thank you in advance.

Yeast™, Jun 14, 2023
  4. Computer having BSODs when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games

Hello,

I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.
    I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising on Steam.

After the reinstall, V Rising was fine, though I haven't tried No Man's Sky since. I hadn't encountered any problems for several weeks but the last couple days I've tried to play Solasta with my girlfriend and it's happened here. Error codes prior to the reinstall weren't consistent, as I had a faulty RAM stick, but I believe there was also a BSOD error being caused by a prior Windows 10 update.

Now, however, the error code has been consistent for multiple crashes on Solasta. Am I wrong in thinking there's something particular about GamePass games that is causing more issues here, or is there something going on with a network related driver or process?

Outside of these cases, I have no problems and frequently use the system for extended periods and play other games on and offline perfectly fine. The system always reboots and functions as normal immediately after the BSOD as well, so I'm just a bit stumped here ^^
    Thank you in advance for your time and any help provided!

Please find ZIP file containing recent DMP file, MSinfo output and Speccy snapshot

BSOD report 16th July.zip

josh curley1, Jun 14, 2023
Thema:

Computer having BSODs when playing certain games

1. Computer having BSODs when playing certain games - Similar Threads - Computer having BSODs

2. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing certain games my computer will at, seemingly random, times bluescreen with the message Machine Check Exception; and I say random because the time in between crashes have varied from a few minutes to 70+ hours of in-game time. I have tried various possible fixes...
  3. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing certain games my computer will at, seemingly random, times bluescreen with the message Machine Check Exception; and I say random because the time in between crashes have varied from a few minutes to 70+ hours of in-game time. I have tried various possible fixes...
  4. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing games sometimes, such as Fortnite, Valorant, Cyberpunk 2077, or Apex Legends, my PC will often bluescreen upon opening the game or going into a lobby. I am unsure the cause of this and cannot figure it out, but made a post about it before that did not get a reply...
  6. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing games sometimes, such as Fortnite, Valorant, Cyberpunk 2077, or Apex Legends, my PC will often bluescreen upon opening the game or going into a lobby. I am unsure the cause of this and cannot figure it out, but made a post about it before that did not get a reply...
  7. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer having BSODs when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer having BSODs when playing certain games: Hello, I'm looking for help on this issue I've been having these last few days. I own a gaming laptop, I've had it for almost 4 years now and despite being a low-end machine it has always worked perfectly, both on recent releases even some games where my computer doesn't...
  9. Computer having BSODs when playing certain games

Computer having BSODs when playing certain games: Hello, I'm looking for help on this issue I've been having these last few days. I own a gaming laptop, I've had it for almost 4 years now and despite being a low-end machine it has always worked perfectly, both on recent releases even some games where my computer doesn't...
  10. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...