Windows 10: Computer fps and audio stuttering

Discus and support Computer fps and audio stuttering in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. several days ago my computer developed a random stutter. For a second or two it stutters and if audio is playing the sound repeats like when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kyle McWhirr, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Computer fps and audio stuttering

Hi. several days ago my computer developed a random stutter. For a second or two it stutters and if audio is playing the sound repeats like when computers freeze then goes back to normal. It will sometimes happen once a minute or sometimes once a half hour, it varies.This happens both when playing games and not. I've closed every background process I can, I've made sure all drivers are up to date and also tried rolling back my graphics drivers to no effect. I've tried unplugging all non necissary usb connections and again no effectI've done antivirus scans, again it still happens. I feel thi

:)

Kyle McWhirr, Sep 1, 2023
  2. EsatTEMEL Win User

Computer stutter display and audio.

Hello sometimes pc stuttering(For example 250 fps -> 1-2 fps) like 1-2 seconds with display and audio. How can i check what is the problem ? Is there any application to find pc problems ? For example when pc stutter it shows the problem with statistic.
    I have nvidia rtx 3060 graphic card and ryzen 5 5600 processor. I tried remove graphic card driver with ddu but still same.

EsatTEMEL, Sep 1, 2023
  3. Dull Byte Win User
    Sudden FPS drop/Stutter

Since 2 days ago, I just turned on my Computer, and it starting having issues while I was playing Witcher 3 (starts with decent fpsm and then very low fps, dropping to 35, then 20, and stopping at 12 or so, in a matter of seconds, in a matter of 1min of starting the game), also stuttering without any high demanding programs, randomly. I was playing at 45-60 fps, without any stutters or sudden fps drop. Have tried other games the issue persists. Even setup everything to low settings.
    I have ran several tests with several tools, all seems normal, no sudden memory spikes, or temperature raising out of the ordinary, nothing that would indicate such an fps drop or stuttering.

MSI Afterburner

I also did the reset option on Windows10, completly cleaned out all my personal info from the windows partition.
    So at this point, I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: I kept doing some tests to find out the issue. And this happened before and I was able to replicate it. Same thing happened as before, till I set it up to fullscreen, Alt+Tab from the game and then back to the game, FPS went up to 50 again, stable and good, dropped after a couple of seconds. After a bit it went to 2-5 fps, and I had to shutdown the game, because even the sound was getting messed up.

MSI Afterburner 2

In this image those ups and downs in the GPU usage are when the fps dropped really hard and the sound got messed up.

Dull Byte, Sep 1, 2023
  4. BENuggets Win User

Computer fps and audio stuttering

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Sep 1, 2023
Thema:

Computer fps and audio stuttering

1. Computer fps and audio stuttering - Similar Threads - Computer fps audio

2. Computer fps and audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer fps and audio stuttering: Hi. several days ago my computer developed a random stutter. For a second or two it stutters and if audio is playing the sound repeats like when computers freeze then goes back to normal. It will sometimes happen once a minute or sometimes once a half hour, it varies.This...
  3. Computer fps and audio stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer fps and audio stuttering: Hi. several days ago my computer developed a random stutter. For a second or two it stutters and if audio is playing the sound repeats like when computers freeze then goes back to normal. It will sometimes happen once a minute or sometimes once a half hour, it varies.This...
  4. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  5. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  6. Computer stutter display and audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stutter display and audio.: Hello sometimes pc stutteringFor example 250 fps -> 1-2 fps like 1-2 seconds with display and audio. How can i check what is the problem ? Is there any application to find pc problems ? For example when pc stutter it shows the problem with statistic.I have nvidia rtx 3060...
  7. Computer stutter display and audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stutter display and audio.: Hello sometimes pc stutteringFor example 250 fps -> 1-2 fps like 1-2 seconds with display and audio. How can i check what is the problem ? Is there any application to find pc problems ? For example when pc stutter it shows the problem with statistic.I have nvidia rtx 3060...
  8. FPS drop and stutter

FPS drop and stutter: Dell G7 7588 Windows 10 Version: 1909 OS Build: 1836.1316 BIOS: 1.14.0 Processor: i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 12 CPU GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design, 8GB RAM: 16GB Problem: FPS drops and stuttering when playing Overwatch I haven't played Overwatch for 3 months+,...
  9. FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS: Eveytime when i play a game my fps drops and stutters of lot.And i don't know how to fix it.And i was using my pc for 2 months.Could you help me fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-drops-and-stutters/1b0a26e1-f4aa-4258-8042-c564217d0973
  10. FPS STUTTER

FPS STUTTER: So, i have got a completely brand new Laptop and i was trying to run some Cod4 to play with my friends where i encountered a thing called stutter, updated NVIDIA drivers, but for nothing. Also its not overheating problems and exc, the gpu, cpu are not Overheating. Need Help...