Windows 10: Computer becoming unresponsive

Discus and support Computer becoming unresponsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OliviaO'Donnell, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Computer becoming unresponsive

So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and nothing has come up. In the end, I had checked each wire and would restart my computer each time. It turns out it was a USB cable connected to my Wacom Cintiq pro 24. The cable is the main connector for drawing and doing any actions that aren't being a display monitor. I unplugged it and restarted my computer and everything w

:)

OliviaO'Donnell, Jan 27, 2022
  2. John Vil Win User

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Programs become unresponsive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both with different results.

Step 1: Safe Mode:

This seemed to work and I could save a file in Word without the program becoming "Unresponsive".

Step 2: Clean Boot:

This did not work and Word would become unresponsive when trying to save a file.

I did notice another odd thing. It seems that sometimes (not often) Word would work the first time I used it If I close it and reopened it the unresponsive behavior returned. I tried opening Word several time but it remained unresponsive.

This is very frustrating as I use Word daily.

RobertAAult, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Computer becoming unresponsive

windows 10 unresponsive

Hi,

This issue could occur due to
    missing/corrupted system files
    that happened while upgrading/updating Windows 10 and
    outdated drivers that causes your computer to be unresponsive/slow. We suggest that
    you perform these following methods of troubleshooting:

Method 1: Update the drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, please click
    here.

Method 2: perform a clean boot.

To know how to perform a clean boot, click this
    link.

If the issue persists, proceed to
    method 3 and method 4.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 4:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Computer becoming unresponsive

1. Computer becoming unresponsive - Similar Threads - Computer becoming unresponsive

2. Computer freezes and becomes unresponsive again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and becomes unresponsive again: Since the start of August, I've been having an issue where my computer would randomly freeze and become completely unresponsive around a specific time of day usually before night time. No matter what I was doing, if it be playing a game, watching a show, or just sitting on my...
  3. Computer freezes and becomes unresponsive again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes and becomes unresponsive again: Since the start of August, I've been having an issue where my computer would randomly freeze and become completely unresponsive around a specific time of day usually before night time. No matter what I was doing, if it be playing a game, watching a show, or just sitting on my...
  4. Computer freezes and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and becomes unresponsive: So for the last month now, I've been having an issue where my computer would randomly freeze and become completely unresponsive around a specific time of day usually before night time. No matter what I was doing, if it be playing a game, watching a show, or just sitting on my...
  5. Computer freezes and becomes unresponsive

Computer freezes and becomes unresponsive: So for the last month now, I've been having an issue where my computer would randomly freeze and become completely unresponsive around a specific time of day usually before night time. No matter what I was doing, if it be playing a game, watching a show, or just sitting on my...
  6. Computer freezes and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. computer becomes completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer becomes completely unresponsive: recently i’ve been encountering an issue where my computer is unable to do anything well it can do some things but that’s itapps won’t load, apps won’t function correctly, and the only way to shut down my computer is to force power it off since pressing shut down on the start...
  8. computer becomes completely unresponsive

computer becomes completely unresponsive: recently i’ve been encountering an issue where my computer is unable to do anything well it can do some things but that’s itapps won’t load, apps won’t function correctly, and the only way to shut down my computer is to force power it off since pressing shut down on the start...
  9. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  10. Computer becoming unresponsive

Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...