Windows 10: Complete access failure

Discus and support Complete access failure in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble logging into my laptop in ANY form or fashion. Currently up to date with the most recent updates and using McAfee. My issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrandonWrenn, Sep 19, 2024 at 11:17 PM.

1. Complete access failure

Hello, I'm having trouble logging into my laptop in ANY form or fashion. Currently up to date with the most recent updates and using McAfee. My issue is that I am unable to get past the home screen, unable to to restart the computer in safe mode using the f8 function or shift restart they bring me back to the standard home page, which I cannot get past, and as of now unable to do anything beyond a hard shutdown. I am able to use my fingerprint scanner and I get the greeting but remain there without being able to interact with anything. If I choose to not login and go for a restart or shutdow

:)

2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Complete access failure :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3. jcaswell Win User
    W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy. I have tried the following:
    1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender) So - any suggestions?

4. Complete access failure

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Thema:

Complete access failure

1. Complete access failure - Similar Threads - Complete access failure

2. Complete access failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complete access failure: Hello, I'm having trouble logging into my laptop in ANY form or fashion. Currently up to date with the most recent updates and using McAfee. My issue is that I am unable to get past the home screen, unable to to restart the computer in safe mode using the f8 function or shift...
  3. Complete Network Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete Network Failure: I have an HP Omen 17-ck000. I've had for a few years without an issue. All the sudden networking stopped working. Wi-Fi dropped and when I tried to switch to another network it would just spin and eventually Wi-Fi would completely disappear from the Network & Internet section...
  4. Complete Network Failure

Complete Network Failure: I have an HP Omen 17-ck000. I've had for a few years without an issue. All the sudden networking stopped working. Wi-Fi dropped and when I tried to switch to another network it would just spin and eventually Wi-Fi would completely disappear from the Network & Internet section...
  5. Windows 11 update complete failure

Windows 11 update complete failure: I'm extremely frustrated that last night, I finally capitulated and installed Windows 11. After the update downloaded, I chose Update and Shut down, as I was going to sleep. A few minutes later, I checked and it said "Your PC couldn't start properly... Error code: 0xc0000001"...
  6. Failure to access browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failure to access browser: Recently I have been having problems with one of the games on Facebook I sent message to the game and as usual got an automated reply, followed instructions as to what steps to take. This did not resolve the problems ie my suspects in the game had grown to gigantic size...
  7. Complete Failure of Windows 10 Apps

Complete Failure of Windows 10 Apps: None of my apps work. Most just fail without an error message. The only app that gives an error message is Solitaire. It gives an error of 101. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/complete-failure-of-windows-10-apps/fc9c8405-7116-46d4-935f-ccc285ebd4ab
  8. remote access failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote access failure: I have been using a remote access software, typically RemotePC, to access my father's computer to help him with bookwork. For the last month, I can't make a connection. Thinking it was a problem with remotepc, I downloaded Splashtop, but that does not work either. Both are...
  9. SFC failure to complete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC failure to complete: As part of my effort to cure problems with booting I have been trying to run SFC/SCANNOW but it fails every time with a notice that 'Resource protection cannot carry out the command', usually about half way through but recently after it after the scan had reached 95%. How can...
  10. SFC failure to complete

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC failure to complete: As part of my effort to cure problems with booting I have been trying to run SFC/SCANNOW but it fails every time with a notice that 'Resource protection cannot carry out the command', usually about half way through but recently after it after the scan had reached 95%. How can...