Windows 10: COM surrogate using high CPU, How to fix it?

Discus and support COM surrogate using high CPU, How to fix it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; COM Surrogate is using high CPU draining my battery and causing heat. Manually disabling it stops the process but it restarts one the system reboots.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vamsi Tadisetti, May 29, 2024.

1. COM surrogate using high CPU, How to fix it?

COM Surrogate is using high CPU draining my battery and causing heat. Manually disabling it stops the process but it restarts one the system reboots.I have followed the process mention in another thread on the same issue which didn't, i have attached the link below for reference.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-surrogate-too-high-cpu-usage-because-of/cb3f7402-6ca8-493a-98cf-a6d8aa8c144aCOM surrogate issuePlease click on the link below for Log file in .PML format using process monitor.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PdeVqbMLgwDUwVO8xx3DqtPmOItTtwkP/view?usp=sharingPlea

:)

Vamsi Tadisetti, May 29, 2024

2. COM Surrogate high CPU usage

Hello

I saw many posts for COM surrogate using high CPU but never a case like mine.

Whenever i click end task,it restarts the process but it keeps it low (under 2% CPU)

Then every time i start Windows Media Player,both files go over 25-30% so i end up having COM and Windows Media player using 50-60% of my CPU

How can i fix this ?

Generalsky, May 29, 2024
  3. wanabrar Win User
    COM Surrogate using too much CPU, Thumbnail and Icon problem.

Hey guys i've been using Windows 10 for almost a month now, and I'm having some issues with it at the moment. I have too much videos and picture for work, that most thumbnail just won't load or generate.

Issues:
    • Thumbnail not generating
    • This PC/My Computer keeps loading and saying "Working on it" (File Explorer)
    • High CPU usage for COM Surrogate, using 10% of my CPU all the time.

The way to solve it for me at the moment is killing the COM Surrogate process. But I'm looking for a permanent fix, which doesn't involve me killing the process all the time.

Killing the process of COM Surrogate will make:
    • Thumbnail and icon to generate (although sometimes it still doesn't)
    • This PC/My Computer instantly loads properly, without it saying "Working on it"

Any solution guys?

wanabrar, May 29, 2024
  4. Bert Boer Win User

COM surrogate using high CPU, How to fix it?

Com surrogate HIGH CPU after using VLC player

After using VLC player I always end up with COM Surrogate still running after I closed VLC and using high memory and CPU.

I read about installing K-lite codecs to solve the problem but that does not make sense since VLC only uses it own codecs.

Any suggestion is very welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Bert Boer, May 29, 2024
Thema:

COM surrogate using high CPU, How to fix it?

1. COM surrogate using high CPU, How to fix it? - Similar Threads - COM surrogate using

2. COM SURROGATE HIGH CPU USAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM SURROGATE HIGH CPU USAGE: I have facing this from a while i tried almost everything, i did reinstall windows, every third-party applications turned off and disable them too, but nothing works. Suggest me what should i do. cpu usage spike to 90% if i delete the dll.host file then it fix for...
  3. COM SURROGATE HIGH CPU USAGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM SURROGATE HIGH CPU USAGE: I have facing this from a while i tried almost everything, i did reinstall windows, every third-party applications turned off and disable them too, but nothing works. Suggest me what should i do. cpu usage spike to 90% if i delete the dll.host file then it fix for...
  4. COM surrogate using high CPU, How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM surrogate using high CPU, How to fix it?: COM Surrogate is using high CPU draining my battery and causing heat. Manually disabling it stops the process but it restarts one the system reboots.I have followed the process mention in another thread on the same issue which didn't, i have attached the link below for...
  5. Com surrogate HIGH CPU after using VLC player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Com surrogate HIGH CPU after using VLC player: After using VLC player I always end up with COM Surrogate still running after I closed VLC and using high memory and CPU.I read about installing K-lite codecs to solve the problem but that does not make sense since VLC only uses it own codecs.Any suggestion is very...
  6. Com surrogate HIGH CPU after using VLC player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Com surrogate HIGH CPU after using VLC player: After using VLC player I always end up with COM Surrogate still running after I closed VLC and using high memory and CPU.I read about installing K-lite codecs to solve the problem but that does not make sense since VLC only uses it own codecs.Any suggestion is very...
  7. Com surrogate HIGH CPU after using VLC player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to fix COM Surrogate high CPU or Disk usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix COM Surrogate high CPU or Disk usage in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Component Object Model or COM is a medium to enable communication between 2 processes […] This article How to fix COM Surrogate high CPU or Disk usage in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. COM Surrogate high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM Surrogate high CPU usage: Hello I saw many posts for COM surrogate using high CPU but never a case like mine. Whenever i click end task,it restarts the process but it keeps it low under 2% CPU Then every time i start Windows Media Player,both files go over 25-30% so i end up having COM and Windows...
  10. CPU. COM SURROGATE USING HIGH CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU. COM SURROGATE USING HIGH CPU: I AM RUNNING A DJ SOFTWARE PROGRAME CALLED VIRTUAL DJ, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO RUN SLOW OR STOP. LOOKIMG IN TASK MANAGER IT SHOWS HIGH USAGE OF COM SURROGATE, I CANNOT DISABLE THIS WHY. CAN ANYONE HELP ME [ATTACH]...