Windows 10: Color profile on my laptop is grayed out.

Discus and support Color profile on my laptop is grayed out. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using a HP spectre 360x convertible and it commonly has color profile with 4 options showed in Display are Native, Adobe RGB, DCI-P3 and sRGB.Few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harry_473, Jun 29, 2024 at 12:27 PM.

1. Harry_473 Win User

Color profile on my laptop is grayed out.

I'm using a HP spectre 360x convertible and it commonly has color profile with 4 options showed in Display are Native, Adobe RGB, DCI-P3 and sRGB.Few days ago, I bought a U2723QE to use as a 2nd monitor and the color profile option on my laptop screen is grayed out: https://imgur.com/a/IQysR7awhile the one on the external monitor works completely fine: https://imgur.com/a/pR0OpmDI wonder if there is a solution for this issue because it has affected my work a lot.I will be so grateful to anyone can help me out!

:)

2. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Jun 29, 2024 at 12:30 PM
  3. Pinkish-gray color (apps, websites, etc) in the new version of Windows 10?

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Colors.
    • In the right pane, select the Accent color and close the Window and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 29, 2024 at 12:30 PM
  4. GeneS Win User

Custom Color Profile lost on startup

Hello All,

I have created a color profile using a colorimeter which I then set as default. However whenever I restart my laptop the profile reverts to the original Windows default. It's strange, because upon startup the screen is using my custom profile but it reverts to the Windows default when startup is complete. I then go into Color Management to reset it and the profile is missing from the "Profiles associated with this device" list. I have to click on the "Add..." button and select it from the "Associate Color Profile" list and then reset it again as default.

I am using a Spyder2Pro to calibrate my monitor.

Thema:

1. Color profile on my laptop is grayed out. - Similar Threads - Color profile laptop

2. Color profile on my laptop is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color profile on my laptop is grayed out.: I'm using a HP spectre 360x convertible and it commonly has color profile with 4 options showed in Display are Native, Adobe RGB, DCI-P3 and sRGB.Few days ago, I bought a U2723QE to use as a 2nd monitor and the color profile option on my laptop screen is grayed out:...
  3. Color profile on my laptop is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color profile on my laptop is grayed out.: I'm using a HP spectre 360x convertible and it commonly has color profile with 4 options showed in Display are Native, Adobe RGB, DCI-P3 and sRGB.Few days ago, I bought a U2723QE to use as a 2nd monitor and the color profile option on my laptop screen is grayed out:...
  4. Why can’t I copy my profile. It’s grayed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I copy my profile. It’s grayed out.: I had an issue yesterday and I got a Microsoft person to help me. We made a new Microsoft profile and the problem was fixed, the only thing to do was to copy the old profile and overwrite the new one. Thats where I found the problem, when I go to copy my profile the button is...
  5. Why can’t I copy my profile. It’s grayed out.

Why can’t I copy my profile. It’s grayed out.: I had an issue yesterday and I got a Microsoft person to help me. We made a new Microsoft profile and the problem was fixed, the only thing to do was to copy the old profile and overwrite the new one. Thats where I found the problem, when I go to copy my profile the button is...
  6. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  7. The Silver Color on My Laptop is Turning To A Dark Gray Color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Silver Color on My Laptop is Turning To A Dark Gray Color: Can anyone please tell me what's happening to my laptop? If you know what's happening then can you tell me if I can fix and how I can fix it?...
  8. The Silver Color on My Laptop is Turning To A Dark Gray Color

The Silver Color on My Laptop is Turning To A Dark Gray Color: Can anyone please tell me what's happening to my laptop? If you know what's happening then can you tell me if I can fix and how I can fix it?...
  9. W10 HDR Either Dark Or Grayed Out Colors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 HDR Either Dark Or Grayed Out Colors: So im using a TV with W10 in HDR, all the SDR content is too dark and if i use HDR brightness slider in w10 then the darks get boosted for no reason and there is too much visible gradient banding and artifacts in SDR content Also The colors look way off when i adjust the HDR...
  10. Taskbar color setting grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar color setting grayed out: I use a special color bright orange on my title bar and taskbar. The taskbar has suddenly turned white, and the Personalization/System/Display/Colors switch is grayed and unusable. I've rebooted several times, and I've run "chkdsk /f", but nothing changes.Why, and how do I...