Windows 10: CMOS Reset 502 error keeps showing after laptop shuts down at 50% battery level. Can I keep...

Discus and support CMOS Reset 502 error keeps showing after laptop shuts down at 50% battery level. Can I keep... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i I have a HP Pavilion 360 laptop Windows 11 bought in 2020. I have started seeing the following error when I switch on my laptop after it suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vanshika Madaan, Sep 22, 2024 at 1:27 AM.

1. CMOS Reset 502 error keeps showing after laptop shuts down at 50% battery level. Can I keep...

i I have a HP Pavilion 360 laptop Windows 11 bought in 2020. I have started seeing the following error when I switch on my laptop after it suddenly shuts down at about 50% battery left:"The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted. Please check your BIOS setup options to see if they change. CMOS Reset 502". Other than this, the battery drops to about 50% from a 100% charge in about 1.5 hrs which could be because it has been 4 years and I have used it and charged it A LOT; I am a student so it stays on practically all day, and then

:)

Vanshika Madaan, Sep 22, 2024 at 1:27 AM

2. CMOS Reset (502) + No Wifi Options + No Battery Charge

I have an HP Envy x360 Convertible running Windows 11 version 21H2 with the following issues:

• Boots to blue screen"CMOS Reset (502) The CMOS checksum is invalid" and then proceeds to normal OS except:
    • Network & Internet will not detect any wifi network (though there are several available) Device manager shows intel(r) wifi-6 ax200 = This device cannot start (Code 10). Rollback Driver in device management is no longer an available option.
    • Power detects the charger while connected but unit immediately loses power once disconnected.
    Troubleshooting steps completed:

• Multiple hardware diagnostic tests with no indication of issue
    • Rollback for drivers (doing this would allow an internet connection but power issues persisted)
    • Complete factory reset & OS reinstall (locally, without USB)
    What are my next steps to avoid unnecessary cost and/or further trial & error:

• Restore to new OS from USB?
    • Go somewhere for more thorough hardware diagnostic?
    Thank you !

StephOrlandi, Sep 22, 2024 at 1:30 AM
  3. Dano 00TA Win User
    Bios keeps resetting...not the battery

I'm having problems with a abit AW9D Max board in an older build of mine that keeps resetting the bios everytime I shut it down. The time is ok so I assume it's not the battery but the other settings such as Uguru setting, ram and other stuff resets to defaults*Wtf :wtf: I've had this computer for a few years with nothing like this happening till now. I'd just leave everything at default but the Uguru alarm goes off whenever I start it and I have to disable it in the bios. Any suggestions on what I can try?

4. CMOS Reset 502 error keeps showing after laptop shuts down at 50% battery level. Can I keep...

Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

attached is a pic of the internal of the laptop there does NOT appear to be a CMOS battery what should my next steps be? - fully charge existing battery and see if i remove it and install back teh next day whether its still fully charged? - charge the battery for 18 hours to charge the internal CMOS battery? - suggestions please as Im not sure

Thema:

CMOS Reset 502 error keeps showing after laptop shuts down at 50% battery level. Can I keep...

1. CMOS Reset 502 error keeps showing after laptop shuts down at 50% battery level. Can I keep... - Similar Threads - CMOS Reset 502

2. CMOS Reset 502 error keeps showing after laptop shuts down at 50% battery level. Can I keep...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMOS Reset 502 error keeps showing after laptop shuts down at 50% battery level. Can I keep...: i I have a HP Pavilion 360 laptop Windows 11 bought in 2020. I have started seeing the following error when I switch on my laptop after it suddenly shuts down at about 50% battery left:"The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be reset to the default configuration and will...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting down at normal battery life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down at normal battery life: Hi,I am the owner of a HP pavilion 15 laptop. It is important to note that my parents got my laptop for me second hand in 2020. The warranty expired in 2019In 2021, I noticed that my laptop didn’t work without out staying in the adapter, then later that year it went into the...
  4. My laptop keeps shutting down at normal battery life

My laptop keeps shutting down at normal battery life: Hi,I am the owner of a HP pavilion 15 laptop. It is important to note that my parents got my laptop for me second hand in 2020. The warranty expired in 2019In 2021, I noticed that my laptop didn’t work without out staying in the adapter, then later that year it went into the...
  5. Unexpectedly shuts down and shows CMOS 'something' error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpectedly shuts down and shows CMOS 'something' error.: I replaced my laptop battery this week and lately the pc HP 255 G7 NOTEBOOK PC, internal battery just powers off whilst in use. And to power it on it needs to be plugged in. It then shows an error on startup, CMOS failure or something then restarts. After it's on I can unplug...
  6. Unexpectedly shuts down and shows CMOS 'something' error.

Unexpectedly shuts down and shows CMOS 'something' error.: I replaced my laptop battery this week and lately the pc HP 255 G7 NOTEBOOK PC, internal battery just powers off whilst in use. And to power it on it needs to be plugged in. It then shows an error on startup, CMOS failure or something then restarts. After it's on I can unplug...
  7. CMOS Reset 502 + No Wifi Options + No Battery Charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMOS Reset 502 + No Wifi Options + No Battery Charge: I have an HP Envy x360 Convertible running Windows 11 version 21H2 with the following issues:Boots to blue screen"CMOS Reset 502 The CMOS checksum is invalid" and then proceeds to normal OS except:Network & Internet will not detect any wifi network though there are several...
  8. CMOS Reset 502 + No Wifi Options + No Battery Charge

CMOS Reset 502 + No Wifi Options + No Battery Charge: I have an HP Envy x360 Convertible running Windows 11 version 21H2 with the following issues:Boots to blue screen"CMOS Reset 502 The CMOS checksum is invalid" and then proceeds to normal OS except:Network & Internet will not detect any wifi network though there are several...
  9. Windows reset keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reset keeps shutting down.: I decided to reset my computer because its been glitching a lot and its very slow. While the reset was happening it just shuts down. I waited 5 minutes then I turned it back on. It was at 64%. When it went to 65% it just turned off. I turned it back on. It was at 64% again...
  10. How can I change the battery level for my laptop to shut down?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I change the battery level for my laptop to shut down?: its really annoying because at 5% it just shuts down with no warning whatsoever and loses everything i had saved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-battery-level-for-my-laptop/7089243c-5997-4916-b787-54a50bfad4ce