Windows 10: CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

Discus and support CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, this issue randomly occurs only one time each time I start up my PC 20-30mins after. -Command Prompt will flash on my screen for a split second and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xToXxiCaTeDx, Oct 6, 2022.

1. CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

Hi, this issue randomly occurs only one time each time I start up my PC 20-30mins after. -Command Prompt will flash on my screen for a split second and close immediately afterwards.-Any Google Chrome browser already open will close and reopen with the previously open tabs along with a new one that says: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINIs there a fix to this? It's seems harmless but the annoyance comes from having to deal with a new browser ALWAYS closing and reopening after the Command Prompt issue occurs.

:)

xToXxiCaTeDx, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 6, 2022
  3. som_esh Win User
    dns_probe_finished_nxdomain

Hello Diana,

If you could not fix the issue, the steps I am mentioning will help you fix it. If you already fixed it, I hope it will help out other people who are facing similar error every day.

So the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is the DNS error faced by mostly Chrome users. You can fix it just by changing DNS server address in your active network connection.

1. Go to Network connection properties.

2. Select the option which is about IPv4 and then go to its properties.

3. Change DNS to 8.8.8.8 (preferred) and 8.8.4.4 (alternate).

It should be fixed now. If not, then I will suggest you try other solutions like Flush Cache, Reset Chrome etc. depending on your device whether it is Windows or Mac.

You can refer this article -
    How to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

som_esh, Oct 6, 2022
  4. CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

How do I fix the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Windows 10 using Google Chrome?

John Moran29, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

1. CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome - Similar Threads - CMD Opening Closing

2. CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome: Hi, this issue randomly occurs only one time each time I start up my PC 20-30mins after. -Command Prompt will flash on my screen for a split second and close immediately afterwards.-Any Google Chrome browser already open will close and reopen with the previously open tabs...
  3. CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome: Hi, this issue randomly occurs only one time each time I start up my PC 20-30mins after. -Command Prompt will flash on my screen for a split second and close immediately afterwards.-Any Google Chrome browser already open will close and reopen with the previously open tabs...
  4. Google Chrome closing instantly after opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome closing instantly after opening: I installed google chrome recently and it closed instantly upon opening. I restarted my PC and it worked, but then it stopped working again next time I booted up my PC. Reinstalling it gives me the same result. Any idea how to fix? submitted by /u/i-will-e [link]...
  5. Google Chrome refreshed but opens and closes instantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome refreshed but opens and closes instantly: My son's computer is new 2 days old, word 10. Today when he started it up, a refreshment of google was underway afterwhich he was unable to open the Chrome page. It opened quickly to present the homepage of the research engine Bing and then closed nearly instantly. Can anyone...
  6. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome will not open: Restarted my computer and now Google Chrome will not open up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/ac556932-f95f-4c55-887f-dbe4c5984b43
  7. Error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Chrome Browser for Microsoft Site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Chrome Browser for Microsoft Site: Hello Microsoft, I need help some help today. I am trying to visit a page from microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 But I am getting error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Microsoft site. Is microsoft site down today? I do not want to...
  8. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome will not open: Google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/5daf90aa-2128-4caf-9296-d3470efb3b3b
  9. Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!: Okay so I have this problem with Google Chrome intermittently having page loading issues since the latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 5 days ago. I looked at this guide. How to fix 'ERR_TIMED_OUT' on Google Chrome I had the same problem with the...
  10. Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome: How to: Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome How to Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing activity is...